Constellation of satellites.

I am personally working to extend the product into a much broader area. As
    the product is viable as any on the market for vehicles of any type without
    International cell phone charges, (a satellite phone like yachts use) those
    who comment to the negative do not know what takes place when creating a
    device.

The armchair quarterback bikers who criticize what someone else has taken
    their life fortune to build in a couple of years of labor of love of the
    biking world.. just sound off and hope everyone would agree with them that a
    product does not work... and cause a good device to have problems because of
    their jealousy that someone accomplished something, which they know nothing
    about... just negative blab.

--
    *Michael Botos, Sr.*
    *Chief Operations Officer*
    *ReconTrak/GPSO Tracking for Business*
    *561-262-9917*

*Dealer News 2011 "#1 Product of the Year" *

Think'n outside the cube..here's an golden opportunity for these folks to show up at the Rally with their wares for a one-on-one... Someone please pass the juice!
    Last edited by Clay; 04-21-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Yup, that's me an armchair qb who is completely envious of a startup where the COO can't get the website updated or the phone number correct but hey it won the #1 Dealers choice award at a trade show so buy now and save.

Regardless this thread is about devices that can save your life and this may or may not be one of them.

The only potential benefit to this system is the tilt sensor and the auto call.

The downside is the auto call goes to a call center, the call center then contacts EMS who then decides what the appropriate response is. You've heard 911 tapes, now imagine the dispatcher getting a call from another dispatcher from a service she's never heard of with not much more than a set of coordinates to provide.

Compare this with a device where if you push a button your position is transmitted directly to emergency services who are required to find the signal and turn it off. No cellular, no call center and a real response.

Anything else is selling a false sense of security or other features that have nothing to do with safety, such as anti theft. A "Geo Fence" for my bike. Why? If I trust someone enough to loan them my bike I don't need to define where they can ride.

If you want to get a full appreciation of the short comings of non 406 services read this thread.

Here's a highlight, posted over 24hrs after the rider activated his SPOT in non emergency I need help mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap Hazard View Post
    I am his brother. I just talked to Int'l Emergency Response Center a few minutes ago. They have contacted three different county sherrifs. There ia arguement over whose area he is in. However two have sent officers to the coordinates and can't find him. IERC has now contacted state police who say they will go look. IERC has confidence in state police.
    The mapping software shows him on CO Rd 19 4 miles south of Indian rd 7028.

IERC just called me again to inform me state police have officers enroute and promice they will find him.
    I'll post if resolved
    19 hours from pushing the button to being found.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    The armchair quarterback bikers who criticize what someone else has taken their life fortune to build in a couple of years of labor of love of the biking world.. just sound off and hope everyone would agree with them that a product does not work... and cause a good device to have problems because of their jealousy that someone accomplished something, which they know nothing about... just negative blab.

--
    *Michael Botos, Sr.*
    *Chief Operations Officer*
    Yes, some of us are so terribly jealous. Spoken like a true CEO with an agenda.

There is a reason why I would choose an Iridium sat phone over a Global Star sat phone...based on experiences of users that have used both.

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post

There is a reason why I would choose an Iridium sat phone over a Global Star sat phone...based on experiences of users that have used both.

Then you maybe interested in the latest from ACR...

http://www.cruisingworld.com/blogs/a...m-partnerships

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Then you maybe interested in the latest from ACR...

http://www.cruisingworld.com/blogs/a...m-partnerships
    I'll have to update myself on the latest, but chances are I will get both a PLB and a sat phone. Something combined relies on one device...it fails...it all fails.