Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: waterproof pants that aren't overpants

HOTTECH

Waterproof Pants

I have a pair of Frank Thomas Aquapore pants that breath and keep me dry. Absolutley amazing technology. I bought the Frank Thomas Aquapore jack that zips to the pants and only wear my rain suit on cold rainy days.

Try TPG pants from First Gear. When matched with the Kathmandu jacket (they zip together) you won't get cold or wet. When it's hot were an under armour long sleeve T-shirt or the LD long sleeve turtleneck, get it good a wet, then open the air vents to the jacket (front & back). You will be riding in air-conditioned comfort. When you stop for gas and the guy the next pump over who is wearing a short sleeve cotton T-shirt and drinking a gallon of water because of dehydration, you will just gas and go. And you will have protection if you do happen to go down.

Recently I purchased a used Comfort Shell suit, and am looking for washing and waterproofing instructions. In 30,000 miles what have you done successfully?
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by redhot View Post
    I have the BMW Comfort Shell pants and love them! I wear them year round and have never had a problem with leaks. I have about 30K miles on this pair over the past 18months. and they are holding up great!

I have some Rev'It Sand pants that have both a water proof and an insulated liner. They are sized as pants - not over pants- and fit me great. Pricey, but you get what you pay for, in my experience.

Best of luck!
    Andrew