Thread: Rally Train?

Rally Train?

for several rallies there has been a rally train to going across the country. Is there any word of one for this year?

Rally Train

Unfortunately, Amtrak is still not interested in running a RallyTrain again.

We have attempted several times (including last year's Redmond Rally) to get Amtrak to carry our bikes on the train. As I recall, the only way to do it last year was to get tickets to ride the train, and ship your motorcycle via tractor-trailer. Of course, you have the same option to take a regular scheduled Amtrak train to Pennsylvania and ship/rent/borrow/buy a motorcycle in Penn. If a bunch of Western US riders want to travel East via passenger train, they should choose a route and schedule thru Amtrak and get everybody on the train to Philadelphia. A RallyTrain full of BMW riders headed to Bloomsburg could have a real good time!

I still think that a RallyTrain should carry the bikes, and I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.
    If some resourceful Western US folks want to organize a RallyTrain, I'll be glad to give some insights and ideas

William S. Nichols
    2001 RallyTrain Conductor

Hope to see you in Bloomsburg.
    Onward, through the fog!

Amtrak Contacts?

Thanks for your efforts and the response. Is there someone I can contact at Amtrak directly? I took a quick look at their website and they do offer a car tansportation service, but didn't really have anything for bikes.

Thanks!

Stoner