Thread: rebmem wen rehtona

haybailey

rebmem wen rehtona

Hello:

I purchased my F800 gs back in 2009. At that time, the sales fella told me I would get a complimentary membership to the bmw club. A couple of months later, I received my stickers and a nametag with my name misspelled. Strange club, it seemed, with a monthly newsletter that reminded me of those old purple kindergarden dittos (still remember that smell ) that the teacher handed out...

BMW had an impressive display at the World Superbike races in Tooele, and a hospitality tent! I knew nothing about this before hand and sure felt left out, even though I was a member of the club. So fast forward to now and to shorten my introduction; with the power of the internet, I found the wsbk hospitality offer for this year and, in doing so, realized that I was only a member of a charter club, not the Father Club (?).

So, having paid my 40 bones, I am now officially official (of this club, not the charter club).

That's all I got for now.

How very odd........

Sure glad I was looking in the mirror when I read the titile to this thread.

What dealer did you buy your bike from???
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by haybailey View Post
    Hello:

I purchased my F800 gs back in 2009. At that time, the sales fella told me I would get a complimentary membership to the bmw club. A couple of months later, I received my stickers and a nametag with my name misspelled. Strange club, it seemed, with a monthly newsletter that reminded me of those old purple kindergarden dittos (still remember that smell ) that the teacher handed out...

BMW had an impressive display at the World Superbike races in Tooele, and a hospitality tent! I knew nothing about this before hand and sure felt left out, even though I was a member of the club. So fast forward to now and to shorten my introduction; with the power of the internet, I found the wsbk hospitality offer for this year and, in doing so, realized that I was only a member of a charter club, not the Father Club (?).

So, having paid my 40 bones, I am now officially official (of this club, not the charter club).

That's all I got for now.
    Welcome to the forums. I was wondering was that "dittos" or "mimeos" Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

!draoba emocleW

Bill Johnston

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    Ahh, the smell of buttery mimeograph! It brings me back to grade school!!
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60