Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PENNY pinching idea's:)

Low speed, high drag

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post

Travel with friends that do not have locking fuel caps.

Premium-Grade Jiggler - Shaker Siphon Hose
    $7.29
    Amazon.com

Product Features

Premium-Grade Jiggler - Shaker Siphon Hose - Aluminum Siphon End

Just insert siphon end in liquid and shake up & down - unique one-way valve creates suction force

60" x 1/2" anti-static flexible PVC hose; transparent so you can see liquid moving

Great for transferring water and other liquids from one container to another

Extends filling reach without funnels; siphon-end diameter 1"
    I've got one of these, and use it all the time. Usually to empty old gas from machines during seasonal equipment transitions. One guy saw it, and referred to it as my "Midnight credit card." My only complaint is that the hose has stiffened over time.

It's interesting that AKBeemer brings this product up. My buddy introduced me to them. He first saw them... drum roll... when he was working in Alaska!

They're definitely a great product! http://www.supersyphon.com/SuperSyphon.html
    (It's their company, they can misspell "siphon" any way they want!)

Sell your boat,plane,other bike,truck.pick up cans, uses your BMW Anonymous Book
    Or put in your 18 wheeler & haul it East
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

with gas approaching $4.00 a gallon and Bloomsburg 166 miles from my house i'm sure glad i ride a little F650GS

Ya'll coming through:)

Now this is what I call membership. Great tips from all. Missouri, Kansas,Alaska and even NY on a F650 with a NEAT plate. Bragger @ 65mpg's. I'm saddened by that with my GSA1200 and 39-40mpg. Ian, the GS Giant package is sounding very cool. Alaska! Does a bullet proof vest come with hose,lol? May have to cammo my bike a bit to shop gas this way. The "church rest" idea is very warming an idea. I'm sure many may well be interested in finding ways to ride the USA, saving bucks where they can. I make a good living, so don't take me wrong for asking the Penny Pinching question, but its just me and my way to share. All the same applies to anybody riding through my town, welcome to my ranch. Randy"Polarbear"Owens. Clovis,CA.

and even NY on a F650 with a NEAT plate. Bragger @ 65mpg's.
    it's not often that the little F650 can best the mighty 1200GS but in the MPG catagory we win hands down.

tell ya what, since your gonna spend so much on gas getting to the rally, i'll meet in the beer tent sat night and buy you a few beers to help offset the cost of your travels.
    Last edited by nytrashman; 04-03-2011 at 09:11 PM.

I ride a little red F650 GS and I am little... but I don't get 65 MPG like NYTrashman...

I'll be riding over 1600 miles one way to the rally this year... I'm not as fortunate as all those who make good money as I'll really be riding in a penny pinch! Any good suggestions on how a girl can ride to national to where she will still be safe by cutting back cost of traveling to and from the national this year?

I'll definitely be at the beer tent Saturday night, George! The beer already sounds pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post

I'll be riding over 1600 miles one way to the rally this year...
    ride as much of it by way of twisty road as possible...

check out this adventure detour.... this will rub a little off the sides of that tire. right now, you're not getting your money's worth out of it.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Travel with friends that do not have locking fuel caps.

Premium-Grade Jiggler - Shaker Siphon Hose
    $7.29
    Amazon.com
    awesome tip.

ordered.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    ride as much of it by way of twisty road as possible...

check out this adventure detour.... this will rub a little off the sides of that tire. right now, you're not getting your money's worth out of it.

ian
    That's what happens when you live on flat land with no twisties! I am currently working on a route that will rub a little off the sides... Thanks!

CouchSurfing.org

I heard about this a couple of years ago but have no experience with it. However, it may very well be worth a look to see if there is anybody on your route offering free places to crash.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

"How does CouchSurfing work?

CouchSurfing members share hospitality with one another. These exchanges are a uniquely rich form of cultural interaction. Hosts have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world without leaving home. "Surfers," or travelers, are able to participate in the local life of the places they visit. We also give more people the chance to become travelers, because "surfing" lowers the financial cost of exploration."

From CouchSurfing.org About page.

Riders are always welcome at my Ranch!
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Good stuff:)

Travel has become quite the financial puzzle for so many as costs go up in life these days!!! All here have become really good at it too, with many great offers of brotherhood/membership,etc...Amarillo lady with tire wear issues? I ride East a couple times a year, so If our paths meet, you'll indeed wear those sidewalls down some more. I may well take Meridian, MISS., into my travel plans this coming Summer on my way to wherever(perhaps Bloomsdburg) and Amarillo is in line! My Daughter flies NAVY there, as a upcoming fighter jock. She also rides F650s. I'm gonna remember some of these posts, print'em and carry them along. Beer tent offer is a done deal. Hope I can make it and the offers are tempting me out of my nest again. GSA1200 Randy"Polarbear"