Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Don't buy insurance from a green lizzard

I see too much "circle of life" in it for my taste....
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Green Lizards suck!
    I'm happy with USAA and have been for over thirty years. Great service and rates.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Seems reasonable to me. I think traffic enforcement is a good thing, even if I do occasionally break the rules myself.
    It is the selective enforcement that I have an issue with. Hell I wish they would enforce certain traffic laws that have more to do with safety than just cherry picking speeders all day long .in the name of "Safety"

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale

Where's the cop when you need him?

yakking on the cellphone, balancing a dog in their lap and putting on their eye shadow all at the same time. I hate them!
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Seems reasonable to me. I think traffic enforcement is a good thing, even if I do occasionally break the rules myself.
    It is cost effective for an insurance company to donate radar detectors to police departments. It is like giving themselves a raise. Get a ticket or two for 10 over the limit and watch your rates go up.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Local PD and muni get the fine $$ and the insurance company gets the increased rate $$. Sounds like a win-win to me...
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    I won't do business with them because their commercials annoy the dickens out of me.

my thoughts exactly.
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RickG View Post
    It is the selective enforcement that I have an issue with. Hell I wish they would enforce certain traffic laws that have more to do with safety than just cherry picking speeders all day long .in the name of "Safety"

Rick G
    Completely agree. but what do you do when the fine structure itself is idiotic? Does not the fine structure encourage certain types of enforcement, and de facto show social priorities? I have been to traffic court in California, and watched how the fines for, say, 10-15 over on the freeway, were several times those for running red lights or stopsigns. I have watched LEO's observe , and join, cars not two car lengths apart going 70, and no one got pulled over. How safe is that?

I wonder if there is data available on proportion of tickets per type of offense? Common sense tells you that right of way, not speed, violations, are the primary cause of traffic accidents. How does LEO leadership really set their priorities? As a practical matter, it would seem on a 2 out of 3 basis for below:

Which offense is more dangerous?
    Which is easier to enforce?
    Which produces more $$$ for the public employee time spent per citation?

Geico also funded laser equipment development and purchases.

Their TV campaign is incredibly expensive and who do you think is paying for it? They also waste money on a lot of direct mail campaigns. Like the big drug companies, its a fair bet that marketing is a very large part of their budget- not a very admirable approach for an insurance company though it might be good for their exec bonuses.

It is one of a handful of American businesses that will never get a penny of my money. They are not on the driver's side.

Foremost Insurance Group (owned by Farmers Insurance) is a great company for motorcycles, boats, ATVs, motor homes, etc.

This is a biased opinion......see below
    2007 R1200GS Adventure