Thread: Noob - again!

Old, Ugly, feet stink too

Noob - again!

Coming back to BMW (2011 RT) after a year long hiatus to a Gold Wing. Mistake - I have been suffering terrible seller's remorse for selling my "08 R1200GSA. Did so for the wife's comfort but I can not ride the easy chair with my knees up above my hips. I miss the quality of the BMW as well as the seating position. I am not going to knock the Wing or HD community but allot of that is for socializing IMHO.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back as I know there is some great knowledge (and sarcasm) passed along through this forum.

Keep the shiny side up!

Quote Originally Posted by Retarded Jarhead View Post
    Coming back to BMW (2011 RT) after a year long hiatus to a Gold Wing. Mistake - I have been suffering terrible seller's remorse for selling my "08 R1200GSA. Did so for the wife's comfort but I can not ride the easy chair with my knees up above my hips. I miss the quality of the BMW as well as the seating position. I am not going to knock the Wing or HD community but allot of that is for socializing IMHO.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back as I know there is some great knowledge (and sarcasm) passed along through this forum.

Kepp the shiny side up!
    Welcome back. I think you will like the RT alot. I am better at sarcasm than I am at great knowledge. Just ask anybody...
    Last edited by r11rs94; 03-26-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    I am better at sarcasm than great knowledge. Just ask anybody...
    I've devoted my life to performing random acts of sarcasm.

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    C'mon, a Goldwing is quite respectable!

Not a GS, of course, but quite respectable!

BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

Legs;

Yep, BMW has always had that leg position thing, right on! GSA here and I like the HDs even so, having never owned one. GWs, more like riding a car to me, never having owned one of these either. Had an KLT1200 though, same result. Good luck with your new RT, nice ride. RandyGSA1200

Old, Ugly, feet stink too

Leg position

Have to agree that BMWs are more suited for the geriatric set in terms of riding position.

The '08 GSA I had was absolute perfect for me with a set of ROX risers.

Damn I miss that bike!