Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Helmet Choice for Bluetooth?

+1 on the Sena. I also invested in the wired mic accessory in order to ditch the boom mic. I don't use bike-to-bike, but I've paired it with both the GPS and the Phone (Droid) and it seems to work just fine. Frees up a ton of room in front of the chin (Shoei Quest is my helmet)

Additionally, the speakers can be used (ie. paired with the GPS) without the mic attached for those rides where you just want to leave the phone tucked away in pocket, which is actually the primary reason I picked it up. Only on testing and multi-day trips do I plan on having the mic/phone pumped through my helmet while riding.

leesrt
    I did the same thing with my Schuby. I bought the G4 instead of the SC3 so I can move it from helmet to helmet. I also got the wired mic that sits on the edged of one of the cheeck pads. This puts it about an inch from my mouth and the chin bar can be opened with no problems. The SC3 comes with a boom mic and it is always in the way when opening and closing the chin bar.

JLHupy
    I have a system 6 with BMW's bluetooth system and it worked very well until it became unable to take a charge... Now i just have a charge wire hanging out of my helmet

Jerry
    2009 K1300S Lava

SilverSurfer
    Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    I did the same thing with my Schuby. I bought the G4 instead of the SC3 so I can move it from helmet to helmet. I also got the wired mic that sits on the edged of one of the cheeck pads. This puts it about an inch from my mouth and the chin bar can be opened with no problems. The SC3 comes with a boom mic and it is always in the way when opening and closing the chin bar.
    What did it set you back for this set-up, if you don't mind my asking? It sounds like you have just the set-up I'm considering. I'm also looking at the Schuberth C3 because of all the rave reviews it is getting. I haven't actually tried one on yet (I know, don't buy one unless you try it on first). I did try the Shark that flips all the way back to use it as a 3/4 helmet, but I don't see myself using it in that configuration anyway. I like that the Schuby is light weight and fairly quiet for a flip-up. But the price may steer me elsewhere.

I want to get a Flip-up style with bluetooth that will allow me to use a GPS and Ipod. I'm not going to pay for XM Serius radio, as it wouldn't get used all that much. Be nice for trips, but I can't take many of those at this time. I still haven't bought the GPS unit, but I'm looking at several different ones. And unless my wife starts riding with me again, I will be solo most of the time, so 2 way conversation isn't high on my list. That might change if I get with others who have the same rig, but again, not high on the list.