Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What to eat while in Bloomburg???

Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    Chicken and waffles are an area staple.

Shoofly pie another

others: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine...sylvania_Dutch
    Chicken and waffles were a pleasant surprise to me. Give it a try.
    Mark Austin
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Knights of the Roundel

Shoo Fly Pie

[B]I always try to get some Shoe fly Pie to bring back home when I am in the area. Always loved it when I was younger but now it seems my sweet tooth is not as sweet depraved and in need of a fix as it used to be..........

Still yearn for it, Who has the best variant of it in the area?

Store bought is store bought, there must be a real good premium pie down there.
    Enfoman[/B]

My sister lived near Harrisburg where there was a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch influence. She asked about the name "Shoo Fly Pie" and was told that when they baked pies and put them in the window to cool that flues would not land on the "Shoo Fly Pie". Apple, berry ar others were not so lucky.
    Campbell Tellman II
    '93 R100RT
    '11 S1000RR

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada

Best Steak is.....

..... where in Bloomsburg area? I owe a steak to a fella I know in Virginia and since he will be in Bloomsburg, and likely a tad hungry from such a loooooong ride, I would like to find a place suitable to the task at hand. So, where would that place be? (area around Bloomsburg ok as well). - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    ..... where in Bloomsburg area? I owe a steak to a fella I know in Virginia and since he will be in Bloomsburg, and likely a tad hungry from such a loooooong ride, I would like to find a place suitable to the task at hand. So, where would that place be? (area around Bloomsburg ok as well). - Bob
    About 30 miles, but Orlando's in Muncy is EXCELLENT, some of the best steak I have had, and if they have the blackened pork tenderloin that night, forgo the steak.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    BJ's in Selingsgrove is good.

I want to eat a very good cheese steak...where are the best cheese steaks at?

Thanks.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post

Thanks.
    I've never found one outside the Philadelphia area.

Schwetzt du aa Deitsch? deitscher's Avatar

Cheesesteak

Great Philly Style Cheese Steaks can be found at The Frog Hut in Wellsboro.
    Doug
    2009 F800ST

angysdad
    I was thinking of bringing my cook kit and BBQ (in the hack).
    I suppose I'll leave the cooking gear at home!
    Thanks for all the suggestion...now to decide...

angysdad
    I'm looking for a place to bring 10-20 people, walking distance from the fountain at Market square in Bloomsburg.
    I've located La Fontana, Russell's and Kristy's pub, Rose Maries's.
    Anyone know these places or could suggest others?

Greetings
    If your group is looking for a meeting type room in downtown Bloomsburg I would try Harry's or Kristy's. Both can handle a group of 20.
    Harry's has a very good bottled beer list and the pub fare is equally good. Lunch is always good. I would not know about diners. I am sure that Harry's is always good, they have been in business a long time.
    I have heard Kristy's has the best draft list in town right now. (Kristy's and Russsell's share beer and a kitchen) Kristy's is newer while Russell's is somewhat dated. Both had great food, beer and service, in their day, but we have not eaten there since new ownership but I have heard they are still good.
    La Fontana & Rose Maries's would be tight for 20 but the food is good. La fontana carries local brews.

If you are looking for an informal group dinner I would reconmend the The Capitol Restaurant & Chumley's Bar http://capitolrestaurantandbar.com/aboutus.html The chef was Russell's long term chef and is very good, with good service even on a packed night. The beer list is very good. They will be be showing The Wild One during the rally. Movie and a Diner is a great night, you do not need to stay and watch the whole movie.

If you want to have a blast rent then the The Moose Exchange bowling lanes for a few hours http://mooseexchange.org/site/?page_id=11 It is BYOB and order food from anywhere in town. The more people you have the more fun you will get.

Enjoy Bloomsburg
    Tony
    We're not here for a long time
    We're here for a good time HUEY LEWIS

2007 R1200RT, 2003 F650CS

Quote Originally Posted by deitscher View Post
    Great Philly Style Cheese Steaks can be found at The Frog Hut in Wellsboro.
    Thanks!

TAC302

if it helps..

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post

Thanks.
    I found a great one in Bethlehem today called 'Mike's Steaks'. That's a big compliment since I sell cheesesteak meat for a living and they do not buy mine

cruscor

North of Bloom

I live in Benton, so I'm a little biased, but if you're headed up to Rickett's Glen there are a lot of places worth a look on the way back to Bloom. A plus for a lot of the restaurants there is that you can dine inside or outside, so if the weather is nice that's a huge plus. The Brass Pelican is great, but my favorite is the Old Filling Station restaurant. They have a coy pond outside on their outside area adding to the amazing view,and if you're a fan of it, they make good Thai food. If you have a large group, I'd definitely think about a place called Creekside In Orangeville. On the weekend they have a meal called a "Trash Bash," come hungry, it'll fill up 4-5 people, it's a big serving of BBQ fare served on a (clean) trash can lid. They also have Buckwheat cakes like the Brass Pelican for breakfast and an ice cream stand. They have daily specials, I'd take a look at their sign on your way by to see.