Thread: How to attach Tourmaster Cortech tank bag to R1200GS

MasterChiefmas

How to attach Tourmaster Cortech tank bag to R1200GS

So the guy I bought my R1200GS from also included the tank bag he had bought for it. It's got these 2 straps that some how attach via a combination of velcro and quick releases. I have absolutely no clue how this thing gets attached to the bike.

Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChiefmas View Post
    So the guy I bought my R1200GS from also included the tank bag he had bought for it. It's got these 2 straps that some how attach via a combination of velcro and quick releases. I have absolutely no clue how this thing gets attached to the bike.

Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me?
    Thanks!
    I did some poking around, and don't know if you have also, but there are a bunch of different bags. http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/home.php?cat=56 There is a good chance if you can match up your bag it will lead you to a picture or instructions that will help you out. Good luck, Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Look at the clips on teh bag and determine if it is three-point or four-point mounting. If you only received two straps and it is a three-point mount setup on the bag (i.e. three fastex buckles connected to the bag) then my guess would be one strap goes up around the steering stem and one strap connects to the back of the bag and runs to an attachment point under the seat. BUT, if you're not positive or fully comfortable with figuring out the miunting on your own then I'd suggest spending some time googling R1200GS tankbags, or tankbags in general, and see if you can find one that matches your bag. The manufacturer or vendor should be able to tell you how best to mount the bag.

You could also look at this: http://www.heldusa.com/slideadapt.html if you're looking for a strapless mount system that could be attached to your existing bag.

Good luck,

GTRider
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 K100RS (r.i.p.) -- 1995 R1100RSL (gone, never forgotten) -- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT

MasterChiefmas
    I didn't think to look for directions on their site. It looks like all the 2 strap versions, which is what I have, attach the same way. I hope I won't be desperate for storage to the point I use that, I don't really care for how that works.

Thanks!