Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Roadcrafter--Does the Neck Seal Tight Enough?

My plan for the dealing with the R1P is to just unzip the sleeve cuffs and the main zip down to the waist when I stop in moderate weather. In the really hot weather, I will probably just slip the whole thing off and either stuff it in one of the panniers, or carry it with me (like into a restaurant). I really considered a R2P, but that is essentially what I have now with a Rev'it jacket & Olympia pants, and I know that I will almost always default to jeans instead of the Olympias.

I also wasn't sure about dropping that kind of $$$ on another piece of riding gear, but again, I really think it's worth it. I also called Aerostich before placing my order and was guaranteed that I could return it for a full refund if it didn't fit or I didn't like it, as long as it was in "new condition."
    Last edited by cscatola; 03-23-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

Yankee Air Pirate
    Here's a lesson I learned the hard way with my 1-Piece... dont just flop it over your bike after riding... My leg zipped touched hot pipes and melted, and I had to get a new one sewn in. That being said it took aerostich about a week to get a new zipper, clean, and rewaterproof it for me

Quote Originally Posted by B1Pilot View Post
    That being said it took aerostich about a week to get a new zipper, clean, and rewaterproof it for me
    I guess lots of folks send their suits in during the winter. I was recently told my fixes won't be done for about 3 weeks and that was 2 weeks after I sent it in (but figure at least one of those weeks the suit was in transit). I miss it.

Yankee Air Pirate
    Yeah, they told me two weeks, but mine was gone 9 days total... this was in sept/oct so I could have it done prior winter riding

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    I guess lots of folks send their suits in during the winter. I was recently told my fixes won't be done for about 3 weeks and that was 2 weeks after I sent it in (but figure at least one of those weeks the suit was in transit). I miss it.
    If it makes you feel any better, they quoted me 3 weeks for production of my suit and it was at my door in 2 weeks
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

I have bought used Roadcrafter one and two piece suits. I had trouble with one being too tight in the knee area, and a person from Aerostich to me to trim a little off the side edges of the knee pads. The suit I use most often is an old one piece with pads without the plastic cover on the pads. I am sure they have less protection, but they are much more pliable and comfortable.

I've ridden many times in day long downpours and no rain ever got into the neck area of my Roadcrafter. It did leak in the crotch area "once" but some NIXWAX and treatment as recommended by the folks at Aerostich solved that problem. As someone posted, during warm weather you can fold the neck gaiter in half and it will "remember" that position.
    I commute daily so after three years of on, off, on, off daily, I sent the suit to Aerostch to be refreshed. They did a great job at a great price.
    Great product, great service, and money well spent.