Thread: Typical Bike to Bike Radio Frequencies?

Typical Bike to Bike Radio Frequencies?

Are there any generally established bike to bike radio frequencies / channels people use?

I want to add bike to bike to my Autocom system for the wife and I but are there any standard channels people monitor while riding cross country and I'm not talking about CB 19.

Thanks!

RobStar

I'm no expert, but the issue of common frequencies on non-CB comms is complicated by the fact that each type of radio also has "privacy" settings that are unique to the brand.

I have an autocomm system with a Kenmore FRS radio; I can talk to my friends who are on other FRS systems only if they are on channels 1 or 2 and only if they are not using any of the "privacy" sub-channels.

Larry Johnson
    El Paso, TX

MATTWALSTON
    Varies by area. Most common is Channel 1 GMRS/FRS and no privacy. Enough so that it can get crowded at Deals Gap, Daytona Bike Week, etc.

If you can afford it go with a good commercial-grade GMRS radio. It will last longer, sound better, and have a better range. The blister pack ones at Wal-Mart work but don't work well. You've got a top of the line intercom, I'd suggest quality radios.

Contact me if you want a few options for the Autocom. Sadly it's not as straight forward as it could be. Lot's of options and diffrent ways to do it. I've got a good source for reconditioned Kenwood GMRS radios.

MATTWALSTON

Exclamation

By the way GMRS 9 is designated emergency but it is seldom monitored. Flares and a cell phone will do better.