Thread: Lead Acid Battery 2007 R1200 RT

Lead Acid Battery 2007 R1200 RT

This battery has the same AH rating as the sealed original, aside from the maintenance. are the sealed any better, longer lasting?

http://www.batterymart.com/p-51913-d...rcycle-battery

My 2007 R1200 RT came out of the dealer in the spring of 2008, it now has 25K miles on it. I am going on a long trip in June and I am going to replace it as a precaution due to it's age. The bike is stored inside in the winter, never below freezing, and I use the smart Battery Tender directly to the battery.
    It starts OK, but I haven't load tested it lately.

Mike

I wouldn't put that in my bike. Acid fumes from the vent plus potential acid spills. There is a reason BMW went with the sealed battery.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I wouldn't use it either. It is very hard to get to to check the fluid levels and there are a lot of delicate electronics that could be damaged by fumes or a spill.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.