Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zumo 660 at Costco

Zumo 660 at Costco

For those in the market, Costco.ca is offering the Zumo 660 for $589.99 including shipping and handling. ONLY online, and ONLY until March 27.

Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    For those in the market, Costco.ca is offering the Zumo 660 for $589.99 including shipping and handling. ONLY online, and ONLY until March 27.
    Looks like a good deal. Amazon.com has the same price through JR music with free shipping also.

pick your poison.
    Rob R
    1994 K75 My first bike.

Hooligan
    One really has to watch for deals. Last Dec I bought mine for 499$ shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by aviator View Post
    One really has to watch for deals. Last Dec I bought mine for 499$ shipped.
    Same here.. DrivenGPS (ONE DAY ONLY SALE!!!)
    Phil W2GE
    2010 R1200RT 2011 Husqvarna TE310 'Woods-Weapon'
    New Sweden BMW Riders
    iPhone5-> Zumo 660->SENA SMH10, Nuvi 500,

leesrt
    The only difference between the 60 and 65 is cm, correct?

Steve
    The difference between the 660 and 665 is XM Radio. The 220 is basically a 660 with a smaller screen.

Zumo comparison.

leesrt
    Ok, thanks for that. Biggest difference for me is no a2dp in 220.

Steve
    Good point--unlike the 660, the 220 is not designed to also be an MP3 player. That works for me because I prefer to have all of my music on my Ipod rather than spread across multiple devices like my satnav or wireless phone.

If not interested in BT.. I suggest look at NUVI 500/550. Waterproof, motorcycle friendly... and a steal. I used one as my main for a few years and now keep it as backup. I already had to send the Zumo 660 back for service and having the 500 was great. Really works well.. and after getting the Zumo.. I appreciate it more for how good a unit it really is.

And check this out:
    Phil W2GE
    New Sweden BMW Riders

Quote Originally Posted by DRw2ge View Post
    {snip}...I suggest look at NUVI 500/550...{snip}
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.

Talking

Got my Nuvi 200 at Sam's Club 2 years ago for $50.00. All I wanted was the GPS function. It's been working fine. I already have an MP3 player that cost me $39.00 at Best Buy so tunes were covered. If I really need to have the GPS on the bike I'll put a sandwich bag over it. I figure I can buy a bunch of them for what I saved on the GPS.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

^Motor31... no offense, but your missing the point of what a GPS can do for you... that is CUSTOM ROUTES... cheap GPS won't accept custom routes. Point-to-point GPS to me for a motorcycle, is best given to someone in a car.

Totally missing what a GPS can do for you... i.e. I have created routes for the upcoming National Rally that you could download and take you for an incredible ride on roads that you would have NO idea about... all you do is follow your GPS and it would take you for a GREAT ride...
    Phil W2GE
    New Sweden BMW Riders

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRw2ge View Post
    ^Motor31... no offense, but your missing the point of what a GPS can do for you... that is CUSTOM ROUTES... cheap GPS won't accept custom routes. Point-to-point GPS to me for a motorcycle, is best given to someone in a car.

Totally missing what a GPS can do for you... i.e. I have created routes for the upcoming National Rally that you could download and take you for an incredible ride on roads that you would have NO idea about... all you do is follow your GPS and it would take you for a GREAT ride...
    Got news for you. I can do the same thing on mine. I can also interface it with my home computer if I do not want to just set up my route by way points. You might try looking at what the unit can do before trashing it.

Frankly I prefer to look at a paper map, to select routes to explore. That field of view is far superior to the 3" x 4" screen or even the 20" screen of my home computer for seeing roads to check out when picking the tour of the day. Setting up the route on the GPS is neat and keeps me headed where I wanted to go. The GPS gets real handy if the road conditions are poor or it's time to call it a day and I want to head home the quickest route.

Like I said I use the GPS for navigation, not entertainment. I do not need tunes, I have a MP3 player and radio on the bike. I do not need to look at pictures on my GPS, I have better photo viewing options on my home computer. I do not need blue tooth for my phone as I don't use the phone while driving. The computer also stores data for me in a far more usable format than the pricier GPS units do. If you feel you need all that in a GPS system, have at it. I'll use the money I saved by leaving out all the frills on the GPS to buy more gas to go driving with.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

Motor31 .. I'm not trashing the unit. Setting waypoints from the GPS interface is NOT what I'm talking about, BTW.

What unit did you get that allows custom routes, that is custom routes that you create on your PC and upload to your unit????

And the complete map of the US is at my fingertips on a GPS, I just drag the screen to see anywhere I want and zoom in or out to see roads, it is a MAP.. just electronic.

I'm not trying to argue with you..

EDIT: re-read, saw you got the Nuvi 200.. it can't do custom routes...
    Phil W2GE
    New Sweden BMW Riders

Motor, here is a "whole view" of a ride I have planned for the Rally. You certainly can follow this on map and I can send you turn by turn directions.. but this is what is going to be uploaded to my GPS (and many others) and it will take them on a "guided tour".. turn by turn in an area many have no idea about, and where they would be going, as well as "is this a good road?" (Without having to "guess") It is a 141 mile loop encompassing PA 125 (Pennsy's Dragon) A GREAT Ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Phil W2GE
    New Sweden BMW Riders