Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1143

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Rally Rat

Thanks

Appreciate the information, been calling around today, found a place AA Motorcycle Transport that will transport it in a covered Trailer for $550 from Culver City to Bismarck, the bike just needs to be under 800 lbs. which my Cafe has no problem qualifying!

Thanks again,
    Shane

Shane:

I would suggest you speak with the dispatcher, and ask them to secure the bike with heavy duty straps. You don't want this happening:

My packers (who, in fairness, were helping me out, and were not professional transportation guys) used straps from the local home hardware, and they chafed through.

Anyway, you're lucky you don't have to ship internationally, and I'm looking forward to pictures of the bike in your scenic home state.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Rally Rat

Damn

Quote Originally Posted by RINTY View Post
    Shane:

I would suggest you speak with the dispatcher, and ask them to secure the bike with heavy duty straps. You don't want this happening:

My packers (who, in fairness, were helping me out, and were not professional transportation guys) used straps from the local home hardware, and they chafed through.

Anyway, you're lucky you don't have to ship internationally, and I'm looking forward to pictures of the bike in your scenic home state.
    That is a bit scary, I will be sure that they have it secure, Josh will be there to unload it and his labor of love will make it in once piece, I can assure you of that, the bike is so incredible and I could not be happier, I have some photographs to share shortly, they are juicy!

Thanks,
    Shane

If this were my bike, I'd either ride it home or put it in the back of a truck and drive it with my own hands - most of the transport companies are good at what they do but for a bike like this . . . me thinks I'd be in charge.
    Ken Tuvman
    Excelsior, MN
    K75s, R65LS, R60/5

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kentuvman View Post
    If this were my bike, I'd either ride it home or put it in the back of a truck and drive it with my own hands - most of the transport companies are good at what they do but for a bike like this . . . me thinks I'd be in charge.
    Thanks for your concern, you are very kind with your compliment, it will arrive in one piece, I will be sure of it.

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Pipe Burn

Wanted to share this with you, hope you enjoy,

http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2013/6/...h-withers.html

Thanks,
    Shane

Bike turned out awesome! Love it.
    John.

Just got the MOA news, July, and the silver ghost is on the front cover, very unbelievably cool. All the best.

Mine just go there too, also a nice article by Josh inside.

Rally Rat

Front Cover

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Just got the MOA news, July, and the silver ghost is on the front cover, very unbelievably cool. All the best.
    Good morning, I have not received my copy yet, are you saying my bike is on the cover?

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

AA Motorcycle Transport

I am booking with AA Motorcycle Transport to pick my bike up in Culver City and deliver it to me here in Bismarck,, $565 was the total cost, it is covered transport.

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Tech Update

One last thing Josh wanted to button up was a small leak in the Neutral Switch, here are his notes about the issue,

http://beemersandbits.com/2013/06/5-...rs+and+Bits%29

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Epic Ride down Pacific Coast Highway

I thought I would share this quick little video that Josh took as I was experiencing the bike for the first time. He lives in Culver City and PCH is not far away, one of my favorite stretches of road, the bike is amazing and the ride could not have been long enough,

http://sharoncol.balkowitsch.com/bmw82.mov

Thanks,
    Shane

Can't beat seeing an airhead, especially one having so much work done to it, on the front cover. hats off to the editors. Seems airheads are becoming more desirable as a ride everyday.