Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Rally Rat

Beemers and Bits

Josh did a little update on the blog about our paint issue, have a great weekend everyone.

http://beemersandbits.com/2012/06/se...rs+and+Bits%29

Thanks,
    Shane

When you're all done, you can find a place in the garage for the cafe, right next to your 356, then go out there with your favourite beverage, grab a stool, and just look at them.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    When you're all done, you can find a place in the garage for the cafe, right next to your 356, then go out there with your favourite beverage, grab a stool, and just look at them.
    My wife actually thought I was going to sleep in the garage the first night the Porsche arrived to North Dakota. Thanks for all your support over both of these build, you are the best,

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Mocking Up

Josh is going to start mocking the bike back up before paint to make sure everything is in order, I will share photographs as we progress.

Have a great afternoon every,
    Sincerely,
    Shane

Gawd man , get on with it, the suspense is driving me nuts !!

Rally Rat

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    Gawd man , get on with it, the suspense is driving me nuts !!
    Me too! Thanks!

Rally Rat

Update for Josh

Looks like we are going to get some lacing of the wheels this weekend, can't wait to see those pictures.

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Not Always about the Build

Some weeks back I had reported that Josh was on his honeymoon in Europe and he has done a very great write-up about the trip and it should make everyone at MOA proud, the link below shares his journey and checkout his choice of transportation.

http://beemersandbits.com/2012/06/11...rs+and+Bits%29

I love it when this thread goes off course sometimes and celebrates other interests by other people, it cannot always be about the build, I have said it before and I am going to say it again "It is more about the people than the metal, leather and rubber". Have a great day, for 5 minutes I was transported to Europe with Josh and his wife.

Thanks,
    Shane

Nice trip report.
    Another thing added to my bucket list.

My wife and I have a trip planned for Ireland next year. She wants to do it by car, me by bike. This will help her see my way is best.

How's the practise riding going Shane? Got yourself a temporary pounder yet?
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Rally Rat

How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    How's the practise riding going Shane? Got yourself a temporary pounder yet?
    To tell you the truth, this spring with my business has been crazy and I have not had time to do anything, have not even played a round of golf yet this summer, very sad, I have not even had time to think about it, I will get to it, it does not appear the bike will be done until next spring, I am going to try and take that safety class with my brother this summer if I can just find the time.

Hope you had a great Father's Day.

Sincerely,
    Shane

OK , now sonny you listen up here !

The first thing you do is get rid of those stupid sticks.
    Best thing i did after retirement !
    ( they bring no satisfaction to your life and cost a fortune to keep in tune with the other ball chasers) A terrible waste of a good day that could have been spent riding, chasing a little ball around in the country side.

Get yourself enrolled in a basic rider course at the local MSF or Community College that offers rider training . With all you have put in to this adventure , you need to at least give the experience a chance.
    Quit making excuses and get a leg over

Time

No such thing as spare time. Nor is it ever found. You have to make it. Now get a practice bike and thrash it.

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    OK , now sonny you listen up here !

The first thing you do is get rid of those stupid sticks.
    Best thing i did after retirement !
    ( they bring no satisfaction to your life and cost a fortune to keep in tune with the other ball chasers) A terrible waste of a good day that could have been spent riding, chasing a little ball around in the country side.

Get yourself enrolled in a basic rider course at the local MSF or Community College that offers rider training . With all you have put in to this adventure , you need to at least give the experience a chance.
    Quit making excuses and get a leg over
    Thanks for all the words of advice, brought a smile to my face. This is where I will be going, they have a training course just a couple of miles from my shop:

http://www.abatend.com/education.aspx

Thanks,
    Shane