Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Rally Rat

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by toooldtocare View Post
    Now that is some funny stuff an talk about bringing back a memory from my childhood! Thanks Wayne, glad to be back among the living!

Sincerely,
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Agustin from Autos International sent me over a photograph of the seat in progress. I am very excited to see how it is coming. His question was if I wanted the double white stitch on the chalk lines or nothing at all. I am going with the thread in these areas, I think it is a nice accent and gives the seat much detail, we will see.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Any chance you could check on what type and density of foam they used on your seat? Looks great.
    12 R1200RT, 12 Street Triple R, 08 Tiger 1050

Rally Rat

I will Check

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomzoommo View Post
    Any chance you could check on what type and density of foam they used on your seat? Looks great.
    How are you? I will send over a quick email to Augustin and see if I can get that information for you.

Thanks,
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    How are you? I will send over a quick email to Augustin and see if I can get that information for you.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Thanks so much. My upholstery guy mainly does cars and furniture, and gave me a blank look when I asked about motorcycle seat foam.

Rally Rat

We Have a Match

Josh just got the parts back once again from the Liquid Coaters and guess what, we have an exact match to the swatch, all systems go, he is collecting the frame and all the goodies, getting ready to mock stuff up a little bit and then send the tins off to paint! So happy to get you guys an update.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rally Rat

Foam

I spoke with Agustin at Autos International and this is what he wrote about the foam to make my seat:

"HI Shane, the foam used in your bike seat, is what we have made for the Porsche seats that we restore. It is a special molded part and it can not be bought at upholstery stores, We actually had to cut up one of our pads to be use for your bike, we sell our pads for 98.00 each
    agustin"

So it sounds like it is a proprietary material but Agustin would be more than happy source it for anyone who wants some. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks,
    Shane

Thanks for taking the time to contact them about the seat. Could you PM me the contact information? Much appreciated. BTW, I'm a p-car enthusiast, but have a water cooled version . You should take your car to the next Rennsport Reunion, would love to see it up close.

Rally Rat

Autos

Thanks for taking the time to contact them about the seat. Could you PM me the contact information? Much appreciated. BTW, I'm a p-car enthusiast, but have a water cooled version . You should take your car to the next Rennsport Reunion, would love to see it up close.
    You can reach Autos International at http://autosintl.net/, tell Agustin that Shane sent you. Air Cooled, Water Cooled, makes no difference when you are taking P-Cars.

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Back from Liquid Coating

Got all parts back.

Rally Rat

Smaller Parts

Box of smaller goodies!

Rally Rat

Jugs

Check out these bad boys post polishing and vapor blasting! Now that is a set of jugs any guy would be happy to have between his legs, am I right?

Thanks,
    Shane

WOW!!!!! Love those jugs!
    John.

Rally Rat

Clear Coated

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    WOW!!!!! Love those jugs!
    These jugs have also been clear coated so they stay like this as long as possible. Nothing like a set of new polished, vapor blasted and clear coated jugs to start the weekend off right. Take care guys, more updates as I get them.

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Look Familiar

Had to share my photograph of my Porsche jugs, I think it is amazing how the two German boxer engines are so similar. So you guys are getting to see two pairs of jugs for the price of one.

Thanks,
    Shane