Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Rally Rat

Seat Complete!

I am so excited to share the custom seat by Autos International, just finished it up this morning. It matches the Porsche interior perfectly and with the metal welt strip, I could not be happier with how it turned out. If you have any custom leatherwork that needs to be done, go no further than Agustin at www.autosintl.net

Would love to hear feedback,

thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by balkowitsch; 05-04-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Wow!!!!

That's it.

Walking Eagle

+1 WOW. Gonna look good on your bike and your bike along side your Porsche!

Mike H
    76 R90/6
    93 R100R Legend
    Last edited by r90r100r; 05-05-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Agree, and the silver bead sets it off.

Ferdinand and Ferry would be proud.

Rally Rat

Thanks

Thanks for all the Thumbs Up guys, much appreciated. As soon as Josh gets back from his honeymoon, we will take the build to the next step. Thanks for all the support.

Sincerely,
    Shane

Gives a new meaning to the old saying, "It'll polish out."

Wayne

Porches and BMWs

I love what you're doing. Your 356 is AWESOME.

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from you, with newer versions of great cars and bikes. But who cares?

I don't have the time, money or energy to restore a 356 or older BMW, but I will admit to lusting after some older BMWs in the ON recently. Perhaps you can inspire me!!

My last comment is about riding skills. Do whatever you can to improve your riding. I am a good car driver and it has taken me about two years to be even close on a bike. The best school was the California Superbike School. Great experience and learnings.

I look forward to seeing your pics as your project unfolds.

Good luck.
    James
    Vancouver, BC

BMW R1200 GS, BMW S1000RR, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Porsche Boxster S

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    I love what you're doing. Your 356 is AWESOME.

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from you, with newer versions of great cars and bikes. But who cares?

I don't have the time, money or energy to restore a 356 or older BMW, but I will admit to lusting after some older BMWs in the ON recently. Perhaps you can inspire me!!

My last comment is about riding skills. Do whatever you can to improve your riding. I am a good car driver and it has taken me about two years to be even close on a bike. The best school was the California Superbike School. Great experience and learnings.

I look forward to seeing your pics as your project unfolds.

Good luck.
    Thanks James for your kind words and thanks about the riding time advice, I am going to take a local class and take it really easy going forward when I get the bike, I very much look forward to the day that I can take the bike for a spin. Thanks for following along and I hope we can insprire you to take on a vintage project! Take care and thanks again,

Shane

Rally Rat

Josh's Review of Seat

Josh received the seat and he says "Stunning!", looks as good underneath as it does on the top. So happy we decided to stick with Autos International, they did an amazing job on the Porsche and did not let us down with the bike, even though bikes are not their main focus, mostly Porsche cars but it shows they can do anything.

Thanks,
    Shane

Not sure where you live Shane, but i would love to see your 356 and if you need help breaking in your motorcycle project, I will volunteer

All the work and effort you and Josh have put in to your airhead project makes me both ashamed over mine , and excited to go further with it.

You guy's are an inspiration to us old farts who wish we had more money.
    Time we usually have ( probably limited) but a lot shorter than we want to believe

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    Not sure where you live Shane, but i would love to see your 356 and if you need help breaking in your motorcycle project, I will volunteer

All the work and effort you and Josh have put in to your airhead project makes me both ashamed over mine , and excited to go further with it.

You guy's are an inspiration to us old farts who wish we had more money.
    Time we usually have ( probably limited) but a lot shorter than we want to believe
    How are you? Yeah, please understand that I am very well aware of how fortunate I am to be able to do this bike and the car in the timeframes that I have. Some guys work on their bikes for a decade and I always want to remember how thankful I am to be able to pull this off financially. I also want to share with you guys that I have not been given anything in my life, my family has been poor or maybe middle class at best for generations and it is just this little company that I have been working on for 14 years now that allowed me such luxuries in life. I would have never guessed in a million years when I was a young man going to Business School and then Nursing College that this dream of owning my own company would come true. I try my best to remind myself every day and I never want to forget where I have come from or what it took to pull this off. I hope you get your project gets done someday in whatever fashion you want it.

Sincerely,
    Shane

Sounds like you have your head on straight and your priorities in order.

Keep on posting about your motorcycle, I think i speak for many here when I say we appreciate it.

Rally Rat

Yss Shocks

Got ourselves a set of YSS Shocks for the build, talked with a great guy by the name of Tom at Rubber Chicken Racing Garage,

http://www.rubberchickenracinggarage...uspension.html

They adjust them to the riding weight of the rider, very excited to see what Josh thinks of them.

Thanks,
    Shane

I sent them a message asking for a quote on a shock for my 85 R80