Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 1143

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

  1. #451
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    52
    Are Josh's shiny motor parts polished aluminum, or coated?

  2. #452
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Polished

    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerCrab View Post
    Are Josh's shiny motor parts polished aluminum, or coated?
    How are you? He has them polished, not sure who he uses yet, but when I get the bill I can share with you the source, thanks for checking in and following my restoration.

    Sincerely,
    Shane

  3. #453
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    No Updates

    Sorry guys I do not have anything new as of late. We have a call into our upholstery guy for the seat seeing how that is going, they were suppose to cut the leather last week. We will see, I will let you know as soon as I have anything new,

    Thanks,
    Shane

  4. #454
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    We have been BLASTED!

    Josh just sent me an email and said that he is heading over the checkout the parts, they are done being blasted and hopefully he will snap some quick photos for us. The next step is for him to make sure that the parts that need to be protected from the liquid coating is not touched. Very exciting.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  5. #455
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Blasting Complete Prior to Liquid Coating

    Good morning everyone, Josh shot some picture of the blasted parts and some of the process. You can check out his blog below describing the operation.

    http://beemersandbits.com/2012/03/bl...rs+and+Bits%29

    I will post a couple pictures of the blasted parts to share with everyone, he has marked the areas where he does not want them coated so we do run into any clearance issues.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #456
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Parts

    Here are some more of the parts post blasting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #457
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Some More

    Box of parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #458
    Registered User lmo1131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pismo Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,004
    It's always exciting to see unusual surface treatment. It should be interesting to see how long the levers retain their coating on the "contact" surfaces.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

  9. #459
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Unusual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    It's always exciting to see unusual surface treatment. It should be interesting to see how long the levers retain their coating on the "contact" surfaces.
    I suppose it depends on what you think is unusual, thinking outside the box and using a different process to make the bike unique sounds like a good gamble to me. Not worried one bit to tell you the truth.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  10. #460
    Registered User lmo1131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pismo Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,004
    Total mis-read Shane. No worries about motorcycles at all mate; reoccurring cancer would be a worry.

    I LIKE unusual treatment of surfaces ... something different is the spice of life! And it's always fun to see something unexpected. Like painted toaster panels for example.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

  11. #461
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    Total mis-read Shane. No worries about motorcycles at all mate; reoccurring cancer would be a worry.

    I LIKE unusual treatment of surfaces ... something different is the spice of life! And it's always fun to see something unexpected. Like painted toaster panels for example.
    Completely agreed, thanks for following,
    Shane

  12. #462
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Polished

    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    I suppose it depends on what you think is unusual, thinking outside the box and using a different process to make the bike unique sounds like a good gamble to me. Not worried one bit to tell you the truth.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    I forgot to mention that Josh was going to have a set of controls also Polished so we could decide if we like the liquid or just goe with the polished look.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  13. #463
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Talked Helmets Now Lets Talk Jackets

    Now that I have my helmet I was thinking about jackets and this caught my eye,

    http://www.lewisleathers.com/product...ml?code=jak-68

    I am going to ask if they can do one solid stripe down each arm. Very historic jackets and the fact that John Lennon wore one and so did Sid Vicious, pretty good company.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #464
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PSL, FL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Now that I have my helmet I was thinking about jackets and this caught my eye,

    http://www.lewisleathers.com/product...ml?code=jak-68

    I am going to ask if they can do one solid stripe down each arm. Very historic jackets and the fact that John Lennon wore one and so did Sid Vicious, pretty good company.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks,
    Shane

    Assuming you don't have a Vintage Buco J-100, this looks like it would do well!

    No Love for a LangLitz Cascade?

  15. #465
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    Assuming you don't have a Vintage Buco J-100, this looks like it would do well!

    No Love for a LangLitz Cascade?
    Yeah, I gave away about five Bujo J-100 jackets a couple years back, so I am fresh out!

    Thanks,
    Shane

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •