Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 1143

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

  1. #421
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Eyes Examined

    Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    Heh, you do know that's a dude in the drivers seat, ehh?
    Dear Les, I think you need to get your eyes examined.

    One beautiful dude.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  2. #422
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PSL, FL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Dear Les, I think you need to get your eyes examined.

    One beautiful dude.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    That's a very famous Trans-sexual named Tula.

    You've been had my friend!

    http://tgmedia.enacre.net/lorna_lynne/tula.html

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Cossey


    Don'tcha feel dirty now!

    I can fix ya up, if ya like...

  3. #423
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    You Got Me

    Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    That's a very famous Trans-sexual named Tula.

    You've been had my friend!

    http://tgmedia.enacre.net/lorna_lynne/tula.html

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Cossey


    Don'tcha feel dirty now!

    I can fix ya up, if ya like...
    Damn it Les, I hate it when you are right, I have to say you set me up a little bit, your damn knowledge of all things transexual caught me in a pickle, thanks for making my day, that is good stuff. Only you would have saw the "Tula" on her race outfit and put two and two together. Good one,

    Thanks,
    Shane

  4. #424
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PSL, FL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Damn it Les, I hate it when you are right, I have to say you set me up a little bit, your damn knowledge of all things transexual caught me in a pickle, thanks for making my day, that is good stuff. Only you would have saw the "Tula" on her race outfit and put two and two together. Good one,

    Thanks,
    Shane


    I got caught on another forum the same way!

    The wiki entry is actually a fascinating read considering the dates that all this occurred.

  5. #425
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Jet Hot Finished

    Just paid for the ceramic coating for the exhaust, headers and clamps. One of the things that I really wanted to avoid was the discoloring that takes place on all exhaust systems and I was not too keen to add exhaust covers since we are doing the whole Cafe Racer thing, so Jet Hot seemed like a good solution. I have heard nothing but good things about their product and their work.

    http://www.jet-hot.com/

    Damage was $343 for everything if anyone is contemplating using their service.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  6. #426
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PSL, FL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Just paid for the ceramic coating for the exhaust, headers and clamps. One of the things that I really wanted to avoid was the discoloring that takes place on all exhaust systems and I was not too keen to add exhaust covers since we are doing the whole Cafe Racer thing, so Jet Hot seemed like a good solution. I have heard nothing but good things about their product and their work.

    http://www.jet-hot.com/

    Damage was $343 for everything if anyone is contemplating using their service.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    What color?

  7. #427
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Silver

    Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    What color?
    Sorry Less, it will be their silver chrome looking finish, not as shiny as chrome but no discoloration at all.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #428
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PSL, FL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Sorry Less, it will be their silver chrome looking finish, not as shiny as chrome but no discoloration at all.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Kewl! Thought you might be going black. The Silver will look good on there.

    I always liked the Blue discoloration of the Chrome for some reason.

  9. #429
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Shiny

    Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    Kewl! Thought you might be going black. The Silver will look good on there.

    I always liked the Blue discoloration of the Chrome for some reason.
    Yeah with all of our shiny bits we wanted to go with Silver. Thanks for the support Les and thanks for telling me about the guy! Damn it anyway!

    Shane

  10. #430
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PSL, FL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Yeah with all of our shiny bits we wanted to go with Silver. Thanks for the support Les and thanks for telling me about the guy! Damn it anyway!

    Shane
    "He" fooled a lot of folks!
    Last edited by les_garten; 02-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.

  11. #431
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Ready for Coating

    Josh has all the little bits ready for the powder coating process, well in fact it is a liquid coating process we are going to use instead. Can't wait to see the results and life brought back to these original parts.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #432
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Wheel Hubs

    Our round wheel hubs will be liquid coated in white. Most of it will not show except where the spokes attach, but it should add a little detail.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #433
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Helmet and Goggles

    Well I did it, I purchased some of my safety equipment for the bike. I am going with the Classic Jet helmet by Davida, it is DOT approved, per our previous conversations, I stayed away from the less safe models and are going for function over form this time.

    http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=classic-Jet

    The helmet is going to be all white to match the stripe on the bike, these are handmade and will take about 6 weeks to get it from U.K.

    Also went with a set of their goggles and their face mask for cold mornings in North Dakota and to protect against bugs if I feel in the mood to wear it.

    http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=halcyon

    their Halcyon goggles are very cool.

    Have a great evening everyone.

    Sincerely,
    Shane

  14. #434
    Professional Slacker
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deland, Florida
    Posts
    147
    Liquid coating process? Please explain. Liquid coating soulds like "paint"!!!!

  15. #435
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Liquid Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by rowens816 View Post
    Liquid coating process? Please explain. Liquid coating soulds like "paint"!!!!
    I have asked Josh who he is using and asked for any technical information about this process, all I do know is that it is different than powder coating, is suppose to be more durable, so I will find out who is performing this process and any information I can to share about it.

    Josh posted an update on his site:

    http://beemersandbits.com/2012/02/re...g-and-coating/

    Thanks for your interest,
    Shane

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •