Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 1143

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

  1. #346
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    Boy, there's an understatement! What a collection of images.

    The new go-to for me!
    On the Vintagent website there is a place to register your email address and the site automatically sends you the new stories that are added, every time I get the email I check them out and I have to admit, it is some of the best moto journalism and specialty stuff available. I just love the website and I am glad some of you are also finding it cool.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  2. #347
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Talked with Dane Rowe on the Phone

    Well I know you may not believe it my friends but I just got off the phone with the infamous Dane Rowe, now Dane Kurth. I sent over the pictures to Paul at http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/ and he responded last night that he would possibly do a story if he could get some updated and fresh information or an interview from her. So this morning I did some research and found Dane in Switzerland of all places, she is now a renowned coin appraiser and an expert in the field of antique coins. She was gracious to talk with me for 20 minutes on the phone, told me that she is still with her husband and that they reside in Switzerland. I told her about my crazy request to have Paul do a story about her and the pictures from back in the 60's and 70's and she gave me all her contact information and told me to pass it onto Paul.

    So there you have it, our elegant sidecar driver is alive and well and I have to admit after talking with you, she is really a fascinating woman. I have always said it is not about the metal, rubber and leather, but it is about the people that surround these bikes that make this so fun and important.

    So lets hope Paul can get some information from her and hopefully we can all read about the true story of Dane if and when it comes out on the Vintagent.

    Stay tuned and I have to admit my day was made talking with her. They say a picture is worth more than a 1000 words and that is certainly the case when it comes to the timelessly beautiful Dane Rowe.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Last edited by balkowitsch; 01-05-2012 at 05:34 PM.

  3. #348
    Administrator 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,143
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    On the Vintagent website there is a place to register your email address and the site automatically sends you the new stories that are added
    Is this an email or an RSS feed? I've never done a feed before...probably technology over my head!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  4. #349
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Vintagent

    Go to the website http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/, about half way down the site on the right hand side there is a place to subscribe with your email address, plug your email into there, answer the question and you are good, anytime Paul does a new story, it will be emailed to you. It is a must have read for sure.

    Thanks,
    Shane

    PS: Did I mention that I was tickled to talk with Dane?

  5. #350
    Hopelessly lost subagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Plant City, FL
    Posts
    148
    This story would be great in the BMW Owners News too.

    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Well I know you may not believe it my friends but I just got off the phone with the infamous Dane Rowe, now Dane Kurth. I sent over the pictures to Paul at http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/ and he responded last night that he would possibly do a story if he could get some updated and fresh information or an interview from her. So this morning I did some research and found Dane in Switzerland of all places, she is now a renowned coin collector and an expert in the field of antique coins. She was gracious to talk with me for 20 minutes on the phone, told me that she is still with her husband and that they reside in Switzerland. I told her about my crazy request to have Paul do a story about her and the pictures from back in the 60's and 70's and she gave me all her contact information and told me to pass it onto Paul.

    So there you have it, our elegant sidecar driver is alive and well and I have to admit after talking with you, she is really a fascinating woman. I have always said it is not about the metal, rubber and leather, but it is about the people that surround these bikes that make this so fun and important.

    So lets hope Paul can get some information from her and hopefully we can all read about the true story of Dane if and when it comes out on the Vintagent.

    Stay tuned and I have to admit my day was made talking with her. They say a picture is worth more than a 1000 words and that is certainly the case when it comes to the timelessly beautiful Dane Rowe.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Mike Barfield - Plant City, FL
    '07 R1200 GS - '75 R90/6 - '93 R100GS PD - '71 R60/5 - 2 X '73 R75/5 LWB - '83 R80 ST
    Picts

  6. #351
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    True

    Quote Originally Posted by subagon View Post
    This story would be great in the BMW Owners News too.
    Very true, but we will let Paul have a crack at the story first, I pitched it to him first, I know he will hit it out of the ballpark if he decides to do the story on the very timeless Mrs. Dane. Lets hope I can get this pulled off for her, she deserves an updated story by one of the best writers in the business.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  7. #352
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Piedmont area of NC.
    Posts
    723
    I have been a Vintagent subscriber for a couple of years now. I sent a few e mails with questions and comments to Paul and he has always responded. Quite a guy, and quite a lifestyle !!

  8. #353
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    I have been a Vintagent subscriber for a couple of years now. I sent a few e mails with questions and comments to Paul and he has always responded. Quite a guy, and quite a lifestyle !!
    Yeah, he is the utmost professional and very gracious with his time with me as well, no wonder he got to his position in life. I kind of think of him as the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man Alive" kind of guy, what an interesting life and job he leads. I cherish his blog updates and the world could use more Pauls and in fact more Danes in the world if you ask me.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mos...n_in_the_World

    Thanks,
    Shane

    PS: It is your call, Paul and "The Most Interesting Man Alive" are one and the same? I feel like apologizing for the thread getting so off track with this Dane thing, but then again come to think of it, that is what this is all about, meeting and learning about new people, so the more the Dane the better if you ask me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #354
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Paul

    Here is a picture of Paul d'Orl?®ans from his blog site http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/, as far as I am concerned, he is "The Most Interesting Man Alive" and he writes one hell of a blog.

    So Paul, please keep doing what you do, the world is a better place for it and please do a story on Dane, that is one damsel that deserves the attention.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #355
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Piedmont area of NC.
    Posts
    723
    Great googly moogly !!

    The picture of Paul and the guy from the beer commercial look a lot alike. Maybe Paul has an actual job after all.

  11. #356
    WI Airhead r90r100r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Title Town, Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    191

    Most interesting people

    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Go to the website http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/, about half way down the site on the right hand side there is a place to subscribe with your email address, plug your email into there, answer the question and you are good, anytime Paul does a new story, it will be emailed to you. It is a must have read for sure.

    Thanks,
    Shane

    PS: Did I mention that I was tickled to talk with Dane?
    Thanks for the pic and info re Dane and the blog by Paul. Both so interesting and great history on motorcycles and people!

    Mike
    Green Bay, Title Town
    76 R90/6
    93 R100R Legend

  12. #357
    Registered User PeoriaMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Washington, Illinois
    Posts
    780
    Shane, I amend my earlier comment: You do know the MOST interersting people. Good work tracking down Dane Kurth! I've read the Vintagent for some time, and there's always something to lear there. I'll be waiting to see the interview with Ms. Kurth.
    Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

  13. #358
    Hopelessly lost subagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Plant City, FL
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Very true, but we will let Paul have a crack at the story first, I pitched it to him first, I know he will hit it out of the ballpark if he decides to do the story on the very timeless Mrs. Dane. Lets hope I can get this pulled off for her, she deserves an updated story by one of the best writers in the business.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    Sorry, wasn't very clear... I meant the Owner News could print Paul's write-up.
    Mike Barfield - Plant City, FL
    '07 R1200 GS - '75 R90/6 - '93 R100GS PD - '71 R60/5 - 2 X '73 R75/5 LWB - '83 R80 ST
    Picts

  14. #359
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by subagon View Post
    Sorry, wasn't very clear... I meant the Owner News could print Paul's write-up.
    No apology necessary, I was not sure how the News section works at the BMW thing, I think it would be perfect, I think it is cool that she may be some more publicity after all these years, she really is a rather cool lady.

    Thanks again for telling me who she was when I inquired, sorry for being such a dumbass.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  15. #360
    Registered User lmo1131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pismo Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,045
    Sooo o .. .. what's going on in the "rear set" fabricating department?
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •