Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Rally Rat

Ikon Shocks

Eurotech Motorsports is going out of business and has everything 25% off so we pulled the trigger on some parts to take advantage of the savings, some new Ikon (the Koni equivalence) shocks to start.

Thanks,
    Shane

The 7610 series shocks are for all twin shock bikes with conventional suspension.
    Externally adjustable rebound with just a finger touch.
    Spring seat adjustable in three positions with a progressive spring and a chrome finished body.
    Fits BMW's
    70-73 R50-R75/5
    74-76 R60-R90/6
    74-76 R90S
    77-84 R60-R100/7 77-84 R100S/RS/RT
    Not R65
    13.1" long with a spring rate of 19/29/42
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rally Rat

1000cc Power Kit

Also got us some extra power for our Cafe Racer, 1000cc upgrade cylinders and pistons.

1000cc Power kit. Works with pre 1976(9/75) 750'S and 900'S. Bolt on performance with no machining or need to change your camshaft. You will noticed a 35% increase in power in some applications. You can build that total sleeper Slash 5 or the ultimate BMW Cafe Bike.

Thanks,
    Shane

Josh is going to do some reinforcing of the frame now that we know it is straight and true.
    Hmmm mm .. .. maybe just blow them off, clean up the frame, and fabricate a nice replacement structure?

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    Hmmm mm .. .. maybe just blow them off, clean up the frame, and fabricate a nice replacement structure?

I will forward the photograph to Josh, thanks!

Shane

Regretfully I don't know who the fabricator of that set up is, I located the image googling "BMW Cafe rear sets". Too bad too, it's a nice detail I would have liked to credit the builder ... might be great spot of a Maltese Cross too!

Here is the website where I found it.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=4053.0

The rear sets themselves are by Tarozzi

Edit - Just spent some time searching. The bike is an R90S built by Jon-Lars Sorensen. Featured in "Cafe Racer Magazine" 2001

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694813

Last edited by Lmo1131; 11-23-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Lew Morris

Nice!
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Rally Rat

Eye Candy

I ran across this photograph and I just have to share with all my BMW buddies. The build is going along pretty well, getting more parts all the time. Going to send the seat in for upholstery, we are going to have Autos International out of California, they will do the same leather and white stitch that we did in my Porsche for the seat,

Hope you enjoy this photograph,

Thanks,
    Shane
    Last edited by balkowitsch; 11-29-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Rally Rat

Inspiration for the Seat

This photograph shows the seat design we are looking for, again you can look at the girl if you want, but this is more of an information photograph to show our details and thoughts.

Thanks,
    Shane

The devil's in the details... . .

I dunno Shane, we should probably leave "girls" out of a scooter discussion, girls are evil ( present women excepted ) and detract from getting stuff done.

This isn't just a personal opinion, it's a scientific fact. Here's mathematical proof.

Lew Morris

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad kstoo's Avatar
    You are losing your focus here. Get back to the task at hand. Topic drift.
    1980 R100T (Gilera), 1982 R100RT (Toad), 1975 R60/6 (cern?¡calo)
    Adventures at the Cave

Rally Rat

Guilty

Guilty as charged of losing focus. Sorry, a necessary diversion once and a while for the guys is what this thread is all about, not always metal, rubber and leather, what is the sentence for getting off topic, I am ready to serve my time. Thanks for keeping me in line!

Really, that last picture of the girl on the bike is the exact seat look we are going for, it is going to be black with the white stitching, it is our seat inspiration photograph, so there was a little On Topic stuff going on, what do you think of the seat?

Thanks,
    Shane

It's your thread Shane; you can take it anywhere you want to go. The seat is very nice, but there's something about that girl...
    Rinty

... but there's something about that girl...
    details, details, details.. . ..

Lew Morris

Rally Rat

Almost 20,000 Hits

This thread is approaching 20,000 hits, very cool and a great number for being so early in the build. I only have 47,500 hits at the 356 Registry Build Thread for my Porsche and it has been online for nearly 3 years, the difference is that the guys out there did not like me for making an Outlaw, all the purists were frankly a bunch of dicks including the moderators and the board of directors and had no vision or ability to think out of the box. Getting my car into 4 car magazines sure gave the build a little justice and a stock 356 would never have received that sort of attention unless it was an extremely rare early model. I have always figured if you are going to restore a vehicle do it to your liking and don't look back.

So I want to thank everyone out here at the BMW Owners site for all your support and interest in my antics. Josh and I will do our best to make one unique bike.

Thanks again,
    Shane

...getting my car into 4 magazines...
    And when it gets into Excellence, those guys will really be boiling...
    Rinty