Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1143

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

OEM: 38mm ... the cross-sectional area of the header is 1,134.11 sq. mm = 1,757 square inches.

Using 40mm ... the cross-sectional area of the header is 1,256.64 sq. mm = 1.947 square inches.

Just so's ya knows.. . .
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    Look up Snowbum's Intake and Exhaust tuning page. It describes how that works.
    Thanks Les, I will pass it onto Josh.

Thanks,
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Thanks Les, I will pass it onto Josh.

Thanks,
    Shane
    That was for the guy asking about Fishtails

Rally Rat

Carbs

The carbs that we restored turns out to have issues with air leaks, Josh is having a hard time getting the car to idle properly, another mechanic and him determined it to be the carbs, so this week we bought another set of carbs, I believe they are for a later model bike and they are being redone, blasted and rebuilt this weekend. I will let you know what we come up with. Josh is just finishing some final detailing also on the bike, the Iron Cross swing-arm covers are at the pin stripers, getting the white stripes on the toaster panels done as wel. The relay switch that I bought a couple years ago was faulty out of the box, so we have another one of those going on the bike, Josh is using an older spare right now. So that is our update my airhead friends, have a great weekend,
    Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

German Iron Cross Swing Arm Covers

One of little detail that brings the BMW and the Porsche together is the Iron Cross details that we have added to both. The Torsion Bar covers on the Porsche and just like the new Swing Arm covers on the bike. In fact, the Swing Arm covers Josh had custom made on a CNC machine as a gift for me for the bike.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rally Rat

29 Month Restoration COMPLETE!

Well gang, we did it, Josh is saying the bike is finally complete. He is going to take it into his professional photo studio in the coming week or so and do a photoshoot so we will have some juicy pictures to share soon. Hoooorrrrraaaaayyyy!

Thanks,
    Shane

Congratulations! You should consider writing a story (maybe mulit-part) for the ON on this "journey". Maybe "the concept", "the build", "the first ride".
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Well gang, we did it, Josh is saying the bike is finally complete. He is going to take it into his professional photo studio in the coming week or so and do a photoshoot so we will have some juicy pictures to share soon. Hoooorrrrraaaaayyyy!

Thanks,
    Shane
    OOOHHH me likey this bikey

Looks fantastic, Josh. When are you going to pick it up?
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Sweet!!!
    John.

OOOhh, it's very Silvery!

Rally Rat

Modeling Has Begone

Josh has spent a little time in the studio with the bike and he is not sharing too much until they are perfect, I am so very excited to see the bike in June,

http://beemersandbits.com/2013/05/fi...rs+and+Bits%29

Over the months I have been told by many of you to notify the MOA about the build and maybe they would do a story about our journey with this old basket case. Does anyone know who I would contact directly and their email address?

Thanks,
    Shane

Shane -

There's infomation on the MOA main page about submitting a story:

http://bmwmoa.org/BMWOwnersNews/Subm...uidelines.aspx

Basically, you just write the story in say Word, include pictures, etc., and they'll do the rest. Rebecca and Vince are the people to contact. But I think you should be the one to write the story...you have the most knowledge about the project and of course, the most passion.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Rally Rat

Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Shane -

There's infomation on the MOA main page about submitting a story:

http://bmwmoa.org/BMWOwnersNews/Subm...uidelines.aspx

Basically, you just write the story in say Word, include pictures, etc., and they'll do the rest. Rebecca and Vince are the people to contact. But I think you should be the one to write the story...you have the most knowledge about the project and of course, the most passion.
    That is just perfect, I will wait to get more professional images from Josh and I will send everything over, you are the best,

Thanks,
    Shane

Shane, anytime a story about a motorcycle is written, it is more impressive if an impartial third party rides the bike to give his or her own opinion on the quality of work. I could be persuaded to be that third party if you want. Just let me know.

Wayne