Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1143

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

  1. #931
    Registered User lmo1131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pismo Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,073
    Less writing, more building....

    BTW, wouldn't things go quicker if the bike were upright?



    Just kidding, of course.... can't wait to see pics of this fellow on the road.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

  2. #932
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    PSL, FL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    Less writing, more building....

    BTW, wouldn't things go quicker if the bike were upright?



    Just kidding, of course.... can't wait to see pics of this fellow on the road.
    Indeed, you know that laying on it's side like that is just gonna scratch it up!

    Anyhow, gotta fly now...

    Got a crick in my neck and have to go see the chiroquackter...

  3. #933
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    B.P., MN
    Posts
    748
    That's gonna be one fast ride. One liter engine in a short wheelbase chassis?, light weight, yer gonna have to hang on. Looks really great.

  4. #934
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    That's gonna be one fast ride. One liter engine in a short wheelbase chassis?, light weight, yer gonna have to hang on. Looks really great.
    We are really getting excited for the finish!

    Thanks,
    Shane

  5. #935
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    On Its Side

    Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    Indeed, you know that laying on it's side like that is just gonna scratch it up!

    Anyhow, gotta fly now...

    Got a crick in my neck and have to go see the chiroquackter...
    Funny, we had to put the bike on its side because the wiring ties in the previous picture where on their side as well, Josh could not figure out how to attach them to the bike without having the first put the bike on its side.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  6. #936
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    More Progress

    Josh is working on the bike every day, no matter how little the task, something is getting buttoned up every day! Did some work on the handlebars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #937
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Carbs

    Carbs coming together. They sure and the hell do not look like they are 40 years old.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #938
    Registered User RINTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    The same company that restored my original gauges for my Porsche did the bike.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    North Hollywood?

    Looks like you're on schedule to be riding it this summer.
    Rinty

    "When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

  9. #939
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    North Hollywood?

    Looks like you're on schedule to be riding it this summer.
    Thanks Rinty, how are you? Yes, North Hollywood did the Speedo for the bike. Definately unveiling this spring, Josh will put some miles on it, to make sure everything is sorted and then I am going on a vacation with my family to California in June and I will meet Josh for the first time, spend the afternoon with him and the bike and then he will ship it back to North Dakota, getting very excited. Thanks for always following my projects, you are the best.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  10. #940
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Horn

    Beep Beep!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #941
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Check Carbs and Filters

    Love this look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #942
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Tech Write-Up Cabling

    Thought I would share:

    http://beemersandbits.com/2013/02/ca...rs+and+Bits%29

    Thanks,
    Shane

  13. #943
    Registered User lmo1131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pismo Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,073
    Shane, just an observation with regard to your "cable adjusters" and touching them up with a wire/polishing wheel ... I did this on my /5. Regretfully, the cadmium plating on them is not very thick; the wheel essentially removes it and they begin rusting almost immediately... :-/

    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

  14. #944
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    Shane, just an observation with regard to your "cable adjusters" and touching them up with a wire/polishing wheel ... I did this on my /5. Regretfully, the cadmium plating on them is not very thick; the wheel essentially removes it and they begin rusting almost immediately... :-/

    Thanks for the help, much appreciated, I think Josh is replacing all of them or is sending them out to be refinished, he found a place that is going to redo them, I will pass along, nice to hear from you.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  15. #945
    Rally Rat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    769

    Josh CAD Plating

    Josh did a little write-up about replating some parts,

    http://beemersandbits.com/2013/02/ca...rs+and+Bits%29

    Amazing,

    Thanks,
    Shane

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •