Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Rally Rat

Chilocco Indian Agricultural School Basketball Team in 1909

I bet these young basketball players had no idea of Hitler and his ridiculous future motives and turmoil, Hitler was only 20 years old at the time this photograph was taken and there are images of the Swastika that are seen on pottery that go back over 2000 years.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

This has been a good, healthy discussion of symbolism and how it may have touched lives in a variety of ways. Let's keep it that way and not go down the slippery slope of politics, evil people, and how it affected people in devastating ways. I really don't want this to get off the rails...thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Rally Rat

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    This has been a good, healthy discussion of symbolism and how it may have touched lives in a variety of ways. Let's keep it that way and not go down the slippery slope of politics, evil people, and how it affected people in devastating ways. I really don't want this to get off the rails...thanks...
    I agree, thanks!

Shane

Post one of two

Here is my suggestion for the logo. Love the stuff. Look at the next post too.

Post two of two

The side panel of my bike with my favorite beer's logo. I also have it on the rear of my car.

Rally Rat

Dedication

Quote Originally Posted by toooldtocare View Post
    The side panel of my bike with my favorite beer's logo. I also have it on the rear of my car.
    Now that is dedication to a marquee, never had the stuff, going to have to give it a try now that you are recommending it, no better recommendation that putting it on the side of a BMW as far as I am concerned, too cool, thanks! Your user name needs to be changed to toocooltocare instead of toooldtocare!

Shane

Thanks for the comments. When I lived in Germany I kept seeing on the cars Bitte eim Bit. I asked a co-worker what it meant. He said, "Please one Bitburger." Before I left I stocked up on the logos (you sometimes got them when you bought a rack of beer) and drank as much as I could.

Every town over there has its own brewery and the correct thing to say when entering a bar is to just ask for a "pils" (pilsner) to get the local stuff. Never had any bad beer there. However, if you are shopping in a grocery store look for Bitburger. It is a hoppy beer, quite good. Not quite the same over here though.

Wayne

A guy I know used a swastika as the gas pedal on a rat rod he built. His theory was, he was stamping out nazi-ism every time he laid into the gas. Unfortunately, nobody got it & he was hassled to no end, so out it came... Kind of funny now over 10 years later...
    John.

Rally Rat

New Mockup Photographs

Josh did some very rough mocking up of the bike, things are held together with glue, rubber bands and gum, ha ha. But it gives us a little idea, he did some photoshop work on these to get some of the colors to be more true to the end result. Had to share, thanks for following.

Sincerely,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Another Photo

Another Photo from another angle.

Looking good, does that seat pan/back tuck into the tube more? Or, does it sit back like that when all done?
    John.

n-i-c-e starter/air filter cover... .. .

do you have a mold for it???
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Rally Rat

Below

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    n-i-c-e starter/air filter cover... .. .

do you have a mold for it???
    Got the parts from:
    http://www.boxercafe.com/

Tell Craig that Shane sent you his way,
    thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Seat

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    Looking good, does that seat pan/back tuck into the tube more? Or, does it sit back like that when all done?
    I believe that area will be covered up with the seat and the upholstery, good question, this is again just a rough mockup, thanks for following, the support out here has been great.

Thanks,
    Shane

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but one of your fan's whos has been an avid follower of your rebuild has passed away. James R. Coleman of Marion, Ar. , known on the MOA site as ' copandengr' died last week. He had bilt, restored, and customized quite a few different kinds of bikes is his past. I saw his album of past bikes and they included Harley's, Nortons, BMW's and various Jap bikes. He was quite good at it. I was in the process of helping him acquire a R60/5, which he hoped to get in August. That's over now, but we all will continue to follow your progress with interest just as much as JR did. Thx Barry