Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Rally Rat

Boxer Cafe

Good morning, Boxer Cafe has started to now advertise some of the pieces that they made for our bike, pretty cool. Craig Schmidt the owner is awesome and a enthusiastic to say the least, thanks Craig for all the hard work. He has always been a fan of Josh's work and we are so glad that they agreed to provide these parts for our build.

http://www.boxercafe.com/fendersCafeCustom.htm

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Film

Quote Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
    I agree with everything you said and would add:

The real problem with the film is that it's a perfect example of bad film making. Theres no evidence of the film having been planned or story boarded. All they did was shoot a lot of unfocused, random stuff and intersperse it with shots of someone's girlfriend riding a BMW. and to think... The film maker probably earned a BFA for that!

Nice bike though...
    Yeah I agree with you guys, but I tend to look past it all when I see a girl on a BMW, ha ha. I have to share the below photograph, it is absolutely my favorite picture of a girl on a BMW! Anyone know here identity that would be cool!

Thanks for following my build,
    Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by balkowitsch View Post
    Anyone know here identity that would be cool!
    It's explained here:

http://bmwvmca.org/joomla/index.php?...d=14&Itemid=32
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Dear Kurt, that is absolutely stupendous! She is the mother of all female motorcycle riders in my book, too cool!

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Correction on Mother of Motorcycles

My wonderful builder Josh pointed out to me that Anka-Eve Goldmann may have to take the top spot that I assigned to Ms. Webber previously as the Mother of All Things BMW, Anka is an amazing woman and her legacy with motorcycles and specifically BMW motorcycles is second to none.

http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/200...-goldmann.html

I am learning much about the history that surrounds these bikes and that is the part that I enjoy most about this process.

Thanks,
    Shane

mymindsok
    Yeah Marianne Weber was something special but Anka-Eve is in a world of her own.

I'll bet she sold a lot of black leather riding suits for Harro!

Rally Rat

6' Feet of Leather

Quote Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
    Yeah Marianne Weber was something special but Anka-Eve is in a world of her own.

I'll bet she sold a lot of black leather riding suits for Harro!
    I completely agree, 6' of leather and legs, WOW! She was an amazing woman and her passion for motorcycles is intoxicating. Thanks for sharing yet another picture of her.

Sincerely,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Photoshop Rendering of R35 Proposed Exhaust

Josh did a little bit of his Photoshop magic and is able to show the new exhaust that I am proposing for my Cafe Racer. It is from an R35 and I think it looks pretty cool. I just wanted to get away from the "Pea Shooter" type exhaust that is commonly found on these stock bikes. It just amazes me that he is able to show me such a great visual representation of what it might look like without touching a piece of metal. Thanks for letting me continue to share.

Sincerely,
    Shane

Shane,

That looks really nice!
    Too damn many bikes to list

Rally Rat

Original Price

I wanted to ask if anyone knows what the Price Tag was for my bike back in 1971?

Thanks,
    Shane

Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    $1848 brand new, WOW! I just saw a Toaster Tank alone go for nearly $400 on eBay. I was joking with Josh, by the time we finish the bike it will be work a million dollars!

Thanks,
    Shane

Rally Rat

Looking at R12 as Well

Josh is all about options and here is what an R12 exhaust looks like on my bike, of course theoretically with Photoshop, but a good idea, and I have to say, this is the look I like best, I think this is what we will go with. Any opinions, I am all ears.

So the question of the day for all my BMW buddies, R35 or R12 exhaust? Either way it is pretty cool to put this older exhaust on my more modern bike, it is a throwback and I really like that idea.

Thanks,
    Shane

I like the fatness of the R12 better.
    John.

Rally Rat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    I like the fatness of the R12 better.
    Thanks John, that seems to be the overall concensus from everyone I asked, I appreciate everyones opinions. The R12 exhaust it will be. Josh is doing some final measuring and we will be placing our order for the R12 exhaust. From what I understand the R12 was produced from 1934 thru 1941. So cool to have a throwback exhaust on my 1971 BMW, just love the idea of that.

Thanks,
    Shane