Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kontour seats

Steve
    I love my Airhawk but it doesn't really increase air flow.

thCapn
    I want to get a Russell but air flow would still be an issue. After checking out the Airhawk on their site it seems that while flow would likely be increased a little, I can see that there would still be a problem.

Any other recommendations to increase flow on a Russell?

Russell Seat - reply

My only thought would be to have Russel make the seat and Kontour make the cover ?
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2010 1200RT

thCapn
    Quote Originally Posted by 105258 View Post
    My only thought would be to have Russel make the seat and Kontour make the cover ?
    According to Kontour's site they will not cover modified or aftermarket seat pans, only original.

Quote Originally Posted by thCapn View Post
    I want to get a Russell but air flow would still be an issue. After checking out the Airhawk on their site it seems that while flow would likely be increased a little, I can see that there would still be a problem.

Any other recommendations to increase flow on a Russell?
    I don't care for them myself, but some others swear by the beaded seat when added.

{ The one with the little wooden barrels }

BruceRT

Love the Beads

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    I don't care for them myself, but some others swear by the beaded seat when added.

{ The one with the little wooden barrels }
    I have the Beadrider on my seat. It slips on in a minute and is cheap. It's a little slippery but that helps move the pressure points around. The airflow under it is wonderful.
    Bruce
    2005 R1200RT (It's new to me!)
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If you are not continuously learning, you are slowly getting bored.

Cowboyatheart
    I recommend you search through the forums. I just posted the other day I experience of a Kontour, along with other people's comments.
    I also started a thread on seats about one year ago, lots of comments on Mayor, Russell, Kontour.
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by thCapn View Post
    According to Kontour's site they will not cover modified or aftermarket seat pans, only original.
    I just read a link provided on another forum, that claims they will? It was written by the owner, $200 for the service, on most seats?

Quote Originally Posted by bdimon View Post
    I have the Beadrider on my seat. It slips on in a minute and is cheap. It's a little slippery but that helps move the pressure points around. The airflow under it is wonderful.
    We are experiencing extreme heat in my area, I may try it again just for the air-flow, but the darn wooden barrels hurt after awhile, and it doesn't take long.

Ron

When my beaded seat gets uncomfortable I sometimes put a sheepskin on top of it.
    The differences I notice are:

the air flow is a bit less , but still better than sitting on leather or vynal.

the height increase is very slight but it is enough to ease the knees .

Give it a try

Kontour seat - first impressions

I'm only almost 2 weeks and ~500 miles on the new Kontour for the R1200RT. First impressions;
    Very Cool temp. Both getting on after sitting in the sun and riding.
    Drains water well. With the Aerostich Roadcrafter, butt would feel damp sitting on vinyl, not with the Polar Weave.
    Foam is very nice. Soft and supportive. Sinks down a bit more. Does not seem to take a "set". Moving into another position settles right in.
    Is a bit more slipery, less friction. Easy to move a cheek off the side for turns, have to grip knees into tank for heavy breaking.

So far, I'd recommend it to others. Long term testing continues.......
    Ken E.
    2012 R1200RT
    '09 RT, '93 K75, '69 R60US and others long gone....