Thread: Just about coast to coast across the US.

Just about coast to coast across the US.

My wife and I returned this past Monday from a trip all over the US. She road the '98 R1100R pulling a PiggyBacker XL trailer and I was on a 2002 Kawasaki ZR-7s. You can see a lot more about it at the blog we kept: http://BikerChicksAdventures.com/

I still have a lot of photos to go through from our DSLRs; what's posted are from smartphones. My best estimate (using Google maps to calculate the distance between the various points we visited and adding a bit for side-trips made) is that we did about 8,000 miles.

Read your blogs, sounds like an OK trip.

Now that you've done a mediocre trip and had some practice, coast to coast Canada. I just don't suggest trying it until winter is sure to be over.

Just kidding, looks like you had an adventure to be envious of.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Hi Danielle,

Quickly breezed thru part of your blog, and jeez- what a trip! I've never done anything so lengthy, but of course had a good time doing what i did...
    Anyway, congrats on making it safely around the country! I noticed you mentioned you had a SPOT device along as part of the planning for desert riding/travel. There was a great post regarding these devices over in "gear" (now a "sticky" in "Best Of") that was both informative and eye opening... Thought I'd point it out, if you haven't seen it already. FYI- for future reference and all.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...POT-for-rescue

I look forward to seeing more of your photos as you get them posted over there. Thanks for taking the time to create the blog of your trip. It's a labor of love fer sure.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

I did see that and was aware of it. I never relied on it, rather it was an additional safety device/option, along with keeping to the biggest roads across those areas, etc.