Thread: LA to Vegas dirt ride

LA to Vegas dirt ride

I just completed a 3 day dirt bike ride from LA to Las Vegas. It was a fantastic time. We went with ADMO for guides and rentals and I recommend them highly. They were 4 great guys (one drove the van to carry luggage, etc.) and 3 were guides. They were great buddies but always in control.

We did approx. 150 miles a day.

Here's some pics to check out.

The group at the ride end. L-R John (guide); Robert (guide); Jeff; Me (no helmet); Chris; Frank (from Germany!); Tom (guide).
    Not pictured: Matt (who withdrew due to previous knee injury) and Phil, the van driver and unsung hero.

The aircraft grave yard in the desert.

Chris ascending a hill.

The Husqvarna monument in the desert. Sort of a bodiless graveyard. It started as a memorial to a dead rider and grew into a large memorial.

Old gold rush mining tower falling to ruins.

Snow in the morning in Randsburg, CA. We had to trailer to the other side of the mountains due to ice.

The Barker Ranch where Charles Manson was arrested for the LA murders.

Jeff descending a hill.

Desert view.

Chris didn't quite make the turn!

Jeff siezed the Husky engine and was towed in. I don't think much of Huskies, we had several issues with them while the Yamaha and Suzukis were bulletproof.

Guide Robert rode my bike up the marble falls. This was a bit rough and you had to be spot on or you'd crash. I left it to a pro!

Jeff atop a massive dune taking pictures.

Frank, who came solo from Germany, riding the sand dunes.

Snow in the Spring Mountains forced us to turn around just a mile or so from the summit. We had to take the paved highway over the mountains to Vegas. I called this the pass of Caradhras--a Lord of the Rings allusion for you trilogy fans--That was the pass that the fellowship could not pass, forcing them to take the Mines of Moria and thus battling the Balrog.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Fantastic. Thanks for posting.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

aterry1067
    I moved from Vegas to the east coast not too long ago. While I do enjoy the east coast greenery, MAN I MISS VEGAS!!!!! and the desert.

Sounds like an excellent trip, and thanks for posting.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, the East coast is quite different from the S. Cal desert! I enjoyed the desert for dirt biking, but I'd get bored street riding there.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350