Thread: Torque Comparison: K1600, K1300 and R1200RT

Torque Comparison: K1600, K1300 and R1200RT

This is an interesting comparison from Kevin Ash, the fellow whose reviews of the GT and GTL were recently posted to his site. I suspect he followed up with this comparison, given what he said in the reviews about low-end torque.

http://ashonbikes.com/content/bmw-k1...que-comparison
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

On The Road Again
    Thank you.
    Of particular interest was the comparison with the RT.
    I now have 48k on my '07, and might make the change.

Ute's Chauffeur

Review

In addition to his opinions about various aspects of the bike I felt that the additional information concerning torque in "real world" use was informative and showed a different level of quality concerning his test compared to the road tests I usually read. I also give him kudos for quickly following up on questions, such as making contact with BMW to get an explanation of the suspension differences between the 2 bikes (it appears they are software settings). IMO a well done job and I have since become a regular visitor to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    This is an interesting comparison from Kevin Ash, the fellow whose reviews of the GT and GTL were recently posted to his site. I suspect he followed up with this comparison, given what he said in the reviews about low-end torque.

http://ashonbikes.com/content/bmw-k1...que-comparison
    Very good analysis...being an engineer I appreciate the data. Just keep in mind you are comparing a top of the line sport bike (1300 GT) to a touring machine. The touring bike is, as expected, geared higher for long highway running. Just drop it down a gear or two to get up the HP curve.