Thread: Pittsburgh to the Florida Keys, Sugesstions.

disconnected

Pittsburgh to the Florida Keys, Sugesstions.

Hi, I have done this ride before with maps. Now I am much more so-Fisti-Kated with a GPS.

I will be traveling South. Saturday March 5th. I will want to be in Orlando March 6th.

Do you guys have any particular Roads or routes I should plug in my GPS. Last time I wandered through the Mountains and had a great time and popped out in Georgia somewhere.

In 06 I ended up in places like this... since then ive gone West.

greg

here's a quick one to wear out the sides of your tires and getya a little dirty.

some of these roads are at elevation, so check ahead for snow! (i have a reputation for that....)

this goes somewhat near that place in WNC i was telling you about.

and... it could *possibly* take you more than two days, depending on how hard core you are.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

disconnected
    thats great! Just what I was looking for..

gulfcoastbeemer
    Unless you are taking secondary roads, which your schedule doesn't seem to allow, I would just hook up with the AmTrak Northeast Auto Train: Lorton, Virginia to Sanford, Florida.

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1241245666320

BTW, when was the last time you visited Key West? I ask because KW has gone through some serious changes over the years.

The last time I rode through Key West, I found the place had been gentrified to point that is was almost unrecognizable.