Thread: Hein Gericke repair

gotgas-touring nogas-lost

Question Hein Gericke repair

Where can I get a Hein Gericke leather jacket zipper repaired/replaced? The jacket has been with me from Alaska to Newfoundland so I want to fix it. I live in Connecticut. thanks matt

Quote Originally Posted by madmatt View Post
    Where can I get a Hein Gericke leather jacket zipper repaired/replaced? The jacket has been with me from Alaska to Newfoundland so I want to fix it. I live in Connecticut. thanks matt
    Not Hein Gericke specific but this thread had some good info http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50786
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Hey Matt,

If you don't have a "leather shop" near you, I try a "canvas shop" (awnings, boat covers, etc)... I had the zipper in my old leather jacket replaced that way and he did a great job. It's pretty straight-forward, not like shortening a sleeve or something.

As an aside, if you do a search on this forum using "zipper repair" you will just about find a thread for every brand of jacket made...

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1337303
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Often, a good boot cobbler can do zipper repairs. Basically, anyone that regularly works with leather and zippers should be fine. I'm sure that there are some good Italian shoe guys down in the New Haven area (or Waterbury, or Hartford, or Middletown, or Hamden, etc) that can help you out.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

gotgas-touring nogas-lost

Smile

thank you all, found a local shoe repair shop that does leather repairs (harley guy, but that's ok) thanks again matt