Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: University Lodging Reservation Form Now Available

The Bloomsburg University policy is effective risk management, over the years there has been student deaths associated with binge drinking, accidents and some dramatic frat house infernos causing major loss of life. Furthermore the theme for the Bloomsburg Rally is Friends are Family so the University Housing is a grand opportunity for one to bring their family members of any age. As far as very young children Bloomsburg offers a Children's Museum and Knoebels Amusement Park which are attractive offerings besides our own reunion and the housing option makes it economically possible for a young family.

For those wishing that they need to be away just for alcohol have many other housing opportunities including a street gutter, alley way, Emergency Room holding area, Police Station and there is always camping with private and public offerings nearby.

Bloomsburg fairgrounds historically never allowed beer or alcohol sales but because of our reputation and past behavior of the MOA members, they have offered it to us. It is on our shoulders to be good stewards because the town is watching and our success maybe for the good of other groups behind us. When you look back on the fairgrounds that hosted major league baseball, boxing events, NASCAR and musical acts I think our calling is pretty impressive.

On a lighter note Bloomsburg is not a dry town and it also had to crawl out of the reputation of being a drinking town with a college problem. Today the frat house and block parties are controlled, the place is orderly with the student influx and its a perfect place for our Family reunion.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L B View Post
    Stay home and drink all you want. That way you won't offend the rest of us civilized people. Maybe Sturgis is better for you?
    So you think people who like beer are uncivilized? You have a mighty self righteous opinion of yourself! Look down your nose all you wish!
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    '04 R1150RT
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Wait a minute--you're saying there is BEER at Sturgis???

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    On a lighter note Bloomsburg is not a dry town and it also had to crawl out of the reputation of being a drinking town with a college problem. Today the frat house and block parties are controlled, the place is orderly with the student influx and its a perfect place for our Family reunion.
    A regular Sodom & Gomorrah from what I hear. The sidewalks aren't rolled up until nearly 7 PM.......

Seriously, Bloomsburg is a nice small town with a population of 12,000. The state owned university (teacher college, in my day, or normal school in a prior day) has an enrollment of ~9,500 (2009-10 academic year) and the campus houses about 3500 students. In my experience (having grown-up near one of the state schools), a large portion of the students at these schools are commuters. In short, I don't expect that anyone will find a plethora of watering holes focused on the student crowd. On the contrary, it might be a tad difficult to find a nice dinner spot that will serve a drink.

You're in the country and more specifically in rural PA..........good people don't do that drinking thing around here......unless we're at the hunting camp or the blinds are closed. As for fornication...........
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Wearing my mod hat.

Lets talk about the subject of housing and forgo the personal comments. Thank you.

Hat off, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

bobivey

received confirmation

I received my confirmation from the University for my housing.

Bob

BOKRIJDER
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Wearing my mod hat.

Lets talk about the subject of housing and forgo the personal comments. Thank you.

Hat off, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Hey guys - this thread in more unruly than the Rally thread over on JoMama.

Some kind of record, I believe.

Bokrijder