Thread: S1000RR Insurance Costs . . . .

Hybrid View

S1000RR Insurance Costs . . . .

Hey All,
    I was wondering what coverage was purchased and how much are your premiums?
    I am sure some riders have stories to tell.
    Thanks,
    Campbell Tellman II
    '93 R100RT
    '11 S1000RR

Kirbster919
    When I asked for a quote through progressive.... $400+/month, for a 21 year old male. Needless to say, I am not riding an S1000RR.

North Carolina is significantly higher for insurance than other states. If you ever check sites that have special products for motorcycles, like Progressive or Geico, they rarely write coverage in NC.

iirc, you have to buy bike insurance through your car provider. Friends have told me that the NC government is totally in the pocket of the insurance companies.

even an old fart like me got killed when I was considering a Honda Blackbird, down here in Georgia where the insurance rates are *much* lower than NC.

it seems like, for bikes like these, you have to assume the risk and go without comprehensive.... and hope like hell it's the other guy's fault in an accident.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Insurance . . ..

Ian et al,
    I thought I was getting ripped off paying $700/year more for the S1000RR.
    I'm 63 years, no tickets, 100-300k liability, $250 deductible collision, uninsured motorist a very average policy. We insure 3 cars, 2 M/C and a utility trailer on one policy. An annual cost of $2400.
    Campbell Tellman II
    '93 R100RT
    '11 S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by CTellman View Post
    Ian et al,
    I thought I was getting ripped off paying $700/year more for the S1000RR.
    campbell, unfortunately you are going to buy a set of those nice plastic fairing panels whether you ever scratch them up or not. :no

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Aw Ian!

You go wash your mouth out with soap!!!!
    Campbell

robert.bantly

S1000rr Insurance

I have 3 bikes on my insurance, and believe it or not, the TL1000s is the most costly. It apparently has a huge history of accidents, no theft protection, no traction control, no ABS, etc. etc.
    That said, I am 48 and my 3 rides (none is a primary and all are considered "recreational vehicles") is app. 130.00usd or so a month. The keys are:

1.) No tickets
    2.) No accidents
    3.) Being over 25
    4.) Not a primary commuting vehicle

Note that my policy does not cover accidents off of a public road. That means if I crunch the GS on public land or offroad, it's my bill; also means that if I crash on a track, it's my bill, too Thus the TL, bought it cheap, fixed it up (not cheap), and track ride it. You also have to be careful of the collateral issue if your motorcycle is under lien. Say you total your bike on the track while under lien and the insurance doesn't cover it. The bank can call your loan defaulted since no collateral now exists to cover the loan. Another thing to watch out for.

Registered User RapidRoadRescue's Avatar
    Indian Creek, IL 60061 (AKA Vernon Hills, IL)
    18 year old single male living in city of Chicago annual premium is $11.445 (yes11K/year).My buddy's kid just got the bill for it from All****e ,dad make him pay the bike off, get liability only and a lecture that if he total the bike is his money.
    Some will say the 18 year old kid got no business riding the bike but he did few rides with me and looks like a responsible kid.
    The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. Now, the guy who invented the second wheel... he was the genius.
    www.motorcycleworkshop.net
    www.rapidroadrescue.com

Gbear07

Check Dairyland

Get some quotes for Dairyland. Super rates and discounts at some online motorcycle gear websites.