Thread: Soft Luggage

Soft Luggage

I have added a top box to my bike and the soft luggage that I currently used for carrying my tent, sleeping bag, and air mattress will no longer work. The bag I use to use was Mags Bags that was specially made for an 83' R100 RS that I managed to use for my bike.

I am seeking advice to what type of soft luggage he/she uses to carry their tent, sleeping bag, and air mattress that will work with a top box.

I'm sure there has been plenty of talk on this subject but haven't found what I am looking for so I'm sorry in advance to bring this topic up... just like to hear what soft luggage you'll have found that has worked the best for those who have top boxes on his/her bikes.

Thanks in advance.

I have the H2W bags in various sizes and a couple of rolltop river bags . They work well for me . As an aside I started usuing wolfman expedition saddlebags instead of the 10.5 " panniers on my 1150 GS .
    R1150 GS R100 RS XT 500 CL-72

Thumbs up Ortlieb Dry Bag

I love waterproof solutions... I love the Ortlieb Dry Bags, although I also have some of the Helen Two Wheel bags... one for the tent and one for all the other stuff.
    Keep the rubber side down!!
    1986 R 80 RS
    1992 R 100 R
    BMW MOA Life member; Ironbutt Member; Airhead Member

Apparently we're living in parallel universes this morning... . sort of.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50781
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerkuh View Post
    I love waterproof solutions... I love the Ortlieb Dry Bags, although I also have some of the Helen Two Wheel bags... one for the tent and one for all the other stuff.
    Which size H2W bag do you have that works for your tent and how many man tent is yours? Thanks.

Greeitngs
    We use a regular http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...BC%3BIK-514114holds all of our camp gear.
    tony
    We're not here for a long time
    We're here for a good time HUEY LEWIS

2007 R1200RT, 2003 F650CS

I have a 3 person tent . I use compression bags . Another place to look is REI outlet . The waterproof bags that open up along the length get a lot of use .I have the xtra large h2w for my large pad and 0 bag ,and the large h2w for warmer weather.
    R1150 GS R100 RS XT 500 CL-72

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
    Which size H2W bag do you have that works for your tent and how many man tent is yours? Thanks.
    I have the regular tent bag and my tent is a 4 man tent. The tents bag are a bit longer and narrower than their compression sacks or dufflebags.
    Keep the rubber side down!!
    1986 R 80 RS
    1992 R 100 R
    BMW MOA Life member; Ironbutt Member; Airhead Member