Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Things Worth the Ride in Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    He's been known to show up at Hermy's BMW..rummaging through Hermy's old stock of Triumph parts..

p.s. You forgot to add..he's an AMA Hall of Fame inductee

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/hall...px?RacerID=171
    The off limits area at Hermys is another site to be seen.

Moto Morini is in there.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    The off limits area at Hermys is another site to be seen.

Moto Morini is in there.
    Not really..if they're not busy..ask Herm or Chris to show the collection of Moto Morini and (pre-Hinkley) Triumph parts that they have left.. However they have been advised about the Rally..so they are gearing up for that

Not really..if they're not busy..ask Herm or Chris to show the collection of Moto Morini and (pre-Hinkley) Triumph parts that they have left.. However they have been advised about the Rally..so they are gearing up for that
    I saw them many times over the years including visiting Herm Sr. at the warehouse or Union House. He is a great cook.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Clay
    When ever I'm up there I make it a point to stop in at the Port Clinton Hotel..

http://www.portclintonhotel.net/

..famous for their french fries..then stop in at the Peanut Shop across the street..

http://national.citysearch.com/profi...anut_shop.html

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    The main attraction for me in PA is the plethora of small twisty back roads available. There is some very nice, off the beaten path, technical stuff if you look for it.

I saw them many times over the years including visiting Herm Sr. at the warehouse or Union House. He is a great cook.
    Ooooh! The Union House is a must for GRAVY FRIES!!!!!

I just finished my low-fat southwest turkey casserole dinner. Thanks....now I'll be thinking of gravy fries all night.

Oops! Misspoke....I got the Union and the PC Hotel confused.

Still want gravy fries tho...

Speaking of Triumph's and MotoMorini, did you ever visit Guy Zerby's shop in Spring Mills (on PA 45)?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Ooooh! The Union House is a must for GRAVY FRIES!!!!!

I just finished my low-fat southwest turkey casserole dinner. Thanks....now I'll be thinking of gravy fries all night.
    The PC Hotel's fries are too big.......order a small.

The Union House has nice Italian food but their crab cakes rock.

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Speaking of Triumph's and MotoMorini, did you ever visit Guy Zerby's shop in Spring Mills (on PA 45)?
    I was up there about (2) years ago and he was kind enough to show me around his shop. There are still several never sold (pre-Hinkley) Triumphs out on his front show room. Might take another ride up there this summer now that I've recently picked up a '73 TR5T.

Steve
    I was up there about (2) years ago and he was kind enough to show me around his shop. There are still several never sold (pre-Hinkley) Triumphs out on his front show room. Might take another ride up there this summer now that I've recently picked up a '73 TR5T.
    If you do, check out the Elk Creek Cafe, which is listed in my road food thread.

Mr. Zerby has to be in his 90's.......He's a walking history of the post WWII motorcycle business.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Here is a top secret one for you vintage AMA riders. In the town of Shunk is a small garage owned by Ed Fisher. He's the father of Gary Fisher an AMA racer from the '70's.
    There are also a bunch of forest roads around Shunk. I think I did 18 miles without finding macadam. Throw in the Forksville covered bridge and World's End State Park overlook and you've got one helluva day ride.

And speaking of vintage motorcycles, Bob's Indian (now Bob's Honda) is just off of I-83 between Harrisburg and York. He has quite a few original Indians in the showroom - at least the last time I stopped in.
    I like bananas 'cause they ain't got bones!

How about the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville?

Is that abandoned town with the burning vein of coal underneath it in the general area? I couldn't remember the name of it or which state.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait