Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pennsylvania Road Food

Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom View Post
    I built a map of PA BBQ joints for another thread and thought I might as well cross reference it here.
    Thanks Rockbottom
    Have you eat at all of them.
    I have only eat at stookey's in Naticoke on RT !! and that is not a real BBQ. Which ones are worth the drive.
    tony
    We're not here for a long time
    We're here for a good time HUEY LEWIS

2007 R1200RT, 2003 F650CS

I like Redd's (which is actually just a take out trailer) in part because it's about two mile from my house and in part because the guys that run it are South Carolinians. Of the others, I've eaten at Doan's Bones and Skeeters the most. Both are OK. There are a couple of places in Maryland that I think are better (and I can post that map if you want). But, being from South Carolina and having lived for a while in Kansas City, my barbeque standards are pretty high.

On Sunday, we stopped at "It's Just Barbecue." On Rt 61 - listed as Orwigsburg, PA. You can't miss the little pink pig smoker out front (next to the working one).

http://www.itsjustbarbecue.com/

The brisket was amazing.Tender and flavorful. Must be eaten with the special horseradish barbecue sauce - just a hint of horseradish, not so much as to have the eyes watering. Hubby had the pulled pork, which was good. I would have had the ribs, but didn't want to wait the 20 minutes for them to finish cooking. I mentioned to the owner that we'd be doing a write up, and to expect increased MC traffic leading up to the rally weekend.

We were offered a sample of the ribs, once they were cooked, as well as some of the featured chicken wings. Tasty! They'd sold out of the cinnamon apples. Maybe I'll have to call ahead and reserve some.

P
    Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity.
    R1150R Rockster, Limited Edition!

Rockbottom:
    Thanks for posting this very valuable.