Thread: Car purchase question

Car purchase question

I'm an experienced car buyer but need to know what the price structure is for buying a new 2010 or 2011 Cadillac CTS AWD,3.6 auto,sedan at an "aggressive price point". Trying to get past the lot lizard level,etc., and so far found out little in web search for just what it takes, other than used cars already on the web with an asking price. KBB gives the MSRP price optioned out,an invoice price and a fair price just below invoice. E.g., for the 2010 car the way I want it is: MSRP=$49,040;Invoice=$46,079;Fair Price=$45,705. I have no trade and no financing invloved-straight purchase.I already know the web spots to find used ones and have priced a bunch to date. FWIW, I am using : www.cargurus.com(it searches lots/most of other websites-even gives you the number of days the car has been on the mkt. and much more);Traderonline & craigslist.
    I am looking within a 2 day radius of KY if need be, but one day is best for a fly & drive. In the past on, Toyota, I have just sent out an email to every dealer I was willing to travel to and bought the best deal. With Toyota I knew how they were sold vs. so called invoice-Cadillac I'm trying to find out. THANKS!

Added: If you drive this car with a 3.0 or 3.6 engine & have comments on the "timing chain"(reminds me of the FD threads!!!) or other helpful comments, please share your thoughts.
    Last edited by kantuckid; 01-16-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post

I'm an experienced car buyer but need to know what the price structure is for buying a new 2010 or 2011 Cadillac CTS AWD,3.6 auto,sedan at an "aggressive price point". Trying to get past the lot lizard level,etc., and so far found out little in web search for just what it takes, other than used cars already on the web with an asking price. KBB gives the MSRP price optioned out,an invoice price and a fair price just below invoice. E.g., for the 2010 car the way I want it is: MSRP=$49,040;Invoice=$46,079;Fair Price=$45,705. I have no trade and no financing invloved-straight purchase.I already know the web spots to find used ones and have priced a bunch to date. FWIW, I am using : www.cargurus.com(it searches lots/most of other websites-even gives you the number of days the car has been on the mkt. and much more);Traderonline & craigslist.
    I am looking within a 2 day radius of KY if need be, but one day is best for a fly & drive. In the past on, Toyota, I have just sent out an email to every dealer I was willing to travel to and bought the best deal. With Toyota I knew how they were sold vs. so called invoice-Cadillac I'm trying to find out. THANKS!
    From Consumer's Reports
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Are you a subscriber? I'm not and trying to decide if I want to spend $5.95 for a monthly subscription & thats on top of the main cost for the magazine. Maybe you can get the deal & I'll give you the $ to pay for it?

Are you a subscriber? I'm not and trying to decide if I want to spend $5.95 for a monthly subscription & thats on top of the main cost for the magazine. Maybe you can get the deal & I'll give you the $ to pay for it?
    When my wife shopped for her car in August, she got the CR price and emailed it to all the local dealerships. Our second closest dealership said yes. The CR price is usually based on what's available in your nearby metro areas. For me, Philly and Wash DC establish the lowest prices.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Go find these Cadillac dealerships around Louisville. I use the on-line subscription to CR at ~28 per year (I think)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 36654; 01-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks for the heads up on Caddy invoice pricing. As I write this it appears I'm buying a used 2010 from a cancelled(planfully cancelled) Ebay ad and under wholesale. I still have some concern about the timing chain issue with these cars, but will have lots of warranty, coupled with great price , enabling me to walk away from the car later if problems develop.