Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen any good movies?

I downloaded the movie "Evel Knievel" staring George Hamilton on my iPad. I don't know if anyone remembers this movie but I remember seeing it in the theatre. No academy awards here but it is about Evel Knievel! How can that possibly be bad?
    Kevin
    "I ride therefore I am"

2012 1600 GTL

Daddy and Me

Here's my pick for a fun movie. Particularly if you are a John Prine fan. He is a friend of Billy Bob Thornton and appears in the movie and in addition wrote the song "In spite of ourselves" for the movie. The movie is called Daddy and Me. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR6Jt...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzAUCTQKpro

al from chgo burbs lilredroadster's Avatar

Lincoln Lawyer

We just watched the Lincoln Lawyer.....Great story, Well acted!
    Al From Chgo Burbs
    BETTERMENT THROUGH BADGERMENT

Contagion

Contagion, lots of top actors who are now heavier than when I last saw them except for Kate, but she die. The last I saw her she went down with the Titanic.

There was too many stories within the movie that makes it great for short based attention span people, those that grew up with MTV. Maybe if they stuck with one aspect I would have liked it.

Once upon a time I worked with nice viruses like this and I saw too many errors with the investigators, health staff and research fellows in this film. One scene the investigator ( Kate ) was using a patients bed as a desk, and she was wearing protective gear with a zipper in the front a big no no.

The most interesting part of the movie for me was that two people in the audience coughed during it. Then while exiting the theater a employee coughed into her hand then used a key pad to gain access to an office door with the same hand. I guess the movie did its job now that my hands are washed over and over till they are bleeding.

I think it will make a better Play Station Game than a DVD in time for Christmas.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Contagion, lots of top actors who are now heavier than when I last saw them except for Kate, but she die. The last I saw her she went down with the Titanic.
    You should've said spoiler alert.

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    You should've said spoiler alert.

Sssssh ... Kate wasn't lost on the Titanic, she lived to be very old.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Anonymous

Anonymous is a political thriller and historical drama based on the theory that William Shakespeare was created. It gave me a good visual of an old university debate and recent readings. Its still a theory, the movie is fictional but in todays world of so many half truths even this sounds plausible. Its wonderfully filmed, a tad dark among the gloom or typical English interiors and historic narrow streets where one must heed caution. Veteran film and brilliantly well placed English actors put on a grand performance with some new to me since I am not up on the Twilight series nor fantasy films and PBS offerings. All the actors fit their roles, costumes and set design all above average and the political intrigue was worth admission. Would I purchase the DVD or see it again ? No, I do not wish to ruin the impact of the first showing, but its worth seeing.

The Last Waltz. It's Martin Scorsese's documentary of The Bands last concert.

"Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Resident Evil-and the following sequels.

"Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar

This I will be seeing...

Very grafic and violent but a good movie. SUPER
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

The color of money

2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    saw hugo last night, its ok

Thumbs up George Clooney is excellent !!