Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen any good movies?

Doug Crow just loaned us that. Enthralling!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

True Grit... new version.

Temple Grandin. This is the story of an autistic child that was encouraged to be all that she could be. Clair Danes transformation as Temple is extraordinary. An excellent film all the way around.

"Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Up in the Air. Interesting story about firing and getting fired in the new age.

"Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

GIZMO
    Quote Originally Posted by 26667 View Post
    "The King's Speech" Brilliant in every way.
    I agree it was excellent.

K'nothead
    We've seen several recent movies (crap television down here) on our winter trip. Totally agree with "True Grit" and King's Speech", but a couple of others we enjoyed were, "Company Men" (Ben Affleck, Tommy Lee Jones), and "Barney's Version" (Paul Giamatti, Dustin Hoffman).

JP

copandengr

Movies

Now showing on my TV is "Shogun". I'm watching it for the fourth time. It is a four disc set and was a gift from my daughters. I love this mini series... On the to do list ASAP is "The King's Speech" as well as "True Grit". My health is keeping me at home right now but soon I hope.....

criminaldesign
    watched 'the verdict' last night with paul newman.

newman was in the film, he didn't watch it with me, as if...

good movie

professor
    Since "Shogun" was mentioned, I'll add that the book is excellent - it's long, but a very good read. There is abundant history and culture packed into a fast-moving, fast-reading story.

I recently saw The Eagle. My initial intent was to see where it was filmed since I traveled in Scotland.

At first, I thought it would be another mindless Gladiator film but it was far from it. It was about honor and friendship, and the two young actors did an incredible performance with Donald Sutherland doing a supporting role. Many dark and gloomy scenes, and senseless violence one would expect from that sort of movie. But honor was always in the light.

What freaked me out the most was that evening I was watching the History Channel and they were telling about the Roman problems against the Caledonians.....the painted people. With that information the movie became real.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

I want to give a to the movie "Red" starring Bruce Willis. I went with my 15 y.o. son and not a lot of expectations. It was entertaining, funny, and not at all what I expected. We both thought John Malkovich's character Marvin stole the show. Suspend some disbelief and have a good time.
    1985 R80RT/ 2002 R1150GSA
    IBA # 44032

professor
    My wife and I just saw Unknown with Liam Neeson. We were both very disappointed. The plot is very clever, but there are holes you can ride an LT through and surprisingly, the acting isn't very good, especially towards the end. Movies are personal. I have a friend who liked it, but we sure didn't.

Cowboyatheart
    two motorcycle movies are
    Wild Hogs
    One Week

just entertaining, not academy award winners by any means

An Irish movie, I personally really liked, is called Once, great music, great character development, a lovely story really.
    Neil
    Want to be happy for a day? Drink. Want to be happy for a year? Get married. Want to be happy for life? Ride a BMW!
    www.TasteMoringa.com Smart Mix & XM3 Energy Drink are the puppies to view...IMO

Just watched The Seven Samurai. Japanese and excellent!
    Walter

G. K. Chesterton wrote - "The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he came to see."

Bring your kleenex

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)

Rating: 8.0/10 - from 15,735 users

Directed by Lasse Hallstr?Âm. Starring Richard Gere, Joan Allen, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. A drama based on the true story of a college professor's bond with the abandoned dog he takes into his home.
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)