Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: A Pocket Knife thread (celebrating my new one!)

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    congratulations on the new *collection*.

FLASHLIGHTS? sounds like a whole other thread to me man.
    (SureFire, Pelican, Petzl)
    We had a pretty good flashlight thread going here http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49406 I didn't realize there was so many flashlight aficionados.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    that's awesome! that *Juice* looks like it's been around the block a time or two. was that one of the first models with tools accessible without having to open the body up? i just bought a Surge, after having lost my trusty SuperTool 200
    (i think it was stolen- OR maybe the *ghost* got it. OK, i know- but that's a whole other story)
    anyway, still waiting to get into use of the Surge, but it has the 4 main tools accessible from *outside* the body of the thing. second biggest Leatherman made.
    I can't say much about the history of the Leatherman tools. In my case, I bought it after I lost my Swiss Army knife. I thought I had put that in my checked luggage on a return international flight, but couldn't find it when I got home.

I had bought that knife about 1980, and I was disappointed to lose it and more disappointed to find that that particular model wasn't made any more. I saw the Juice tool while wandering around in REI, and as it was on sale and I had a refund burning a hole in my pocket...

Naturally, the next time I pulled out the roller duffle to pack it, I found the SA knife. The Juice is actually a bit smaller and lighter, so the SA knife sits in a drawer now.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Carry two

Daily I carry a Bench Made 557SBK with a tanto blade and in my pocket a Leatherman Micra as a mini tool box. For special applications I carry a Ka-Bar TDI LE.
    Jim Nyffeler
    Lincoln NE
    '10 F800GS, '04 R1150R
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I didn't realize there was so many flashlight aficionados.
    ha! anything and all things *GEAR*.
    my tech geek buddies gave me honorary *geek* status based solely on my gear fetish. my job as a union stagehand calls for the use of knives, multi-tools and flashlights.... among other things. and naturally advances the cause of my *need* for tools and gear.
    go pro.

BMW Multitool

Just bought this BMW Multitool as a replacement for my Leatherman, hope it serves me as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)