Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Resolve to Make Your Motorcycling Dreams Come True in 2011

I can't say that I understand your confusion. Karen said she has relatives in Chilliwack, and various other parts of BC, I was just saying that I also have relatives/friends in Chilliwack and various other parts of BC. I was just pointing out a small commonality. That's a problem??

The other bit was prefaced by "Holly", so I think it's clear who that was intended for. Of course, if I should happen to meet you, whether in Maple Ridge or Ontario or somewhere else in our travels, I'd be happy to have a coffee with you, too!

Talking 2011

I also attended the 2010 rally in Oregon.
    I was awed by the ladies on the panel and I SHALL attend the BMWMOA rally in Pennsylvania and RA in Wisconsin. Europe 2012. After that - who knows?
    Greetings from a Canadian rider.

Quote Originally Posted by 52Baden View Post
    I was awed by the ladies on the panel and I SHALL attend the BMWMOA rally in Pennsylvania and RA in Wisconsin. Europe 2012. After that - who knows?
    Go 52Baden, go!

Looking forward to seeing you in Pennsylvania!

And to your trip reports!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

anyone thinking of going to the Pacific Northwest Adventure Rallye?

http://www.rawhyde-offroad.com/pac-nw-rally.html

Quote Originally Posted by 52Baden View Post
    Welcome 52Baden. Great first post. Where in Canada are you?

Holly

Motorcycle Muffin
    Quote Originally Posted by malaszka View Post
    I was at the seminar in Redmond and the energy was palpable! It was so inspring to see all of those powerful women! Does anyone have the name of the woman who had riden through Asia and Australia? She was at Redmond and was riding across the US to go home to the UK! She was missing her sweetie. Wow! Now that was a case of fortitude and I bet she's got stories too!!!!
    I think I said that I'd put on more miles and indeed I did! Almost 14,000 since I got the bike in November 2009. Now it's up on the lift and Bike Boy is making it road worthy for another few thousand. I am one lucky woman!
    I wasn't there but from the sounds of it you're referring to Tiffany Coates:
    http://www.tiffanystravels.co.uk/node/766 (it's really worth taking some time to read a bunch of her travel blog!)

She is my hero.
    '01 Black R11S "Rosie"
    '04 Titan Grey Mandarin R11S "Erica"
    '08 KLR "Bruce"
    '91 VFR750 "Penny"

I LOVED Alisa's talk at the National in Redmond! I've been trying to avoid the "I want/I wish/some day" kind of talk since the seminar! Thanks Alisa (and of course, Voni for being a great role (roll?) model)!

My resolution this year is to take the MSF dirt bike course, then ride the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (540 miles of non-paved roads from the Wisconsin-Illinois border to Lake Superior) with a fellow female club member. She and I are already signed up for the one day course and are planning on doing the Trans Wisconsin this summer! Neither of us has an off-road background but we're going to have a blast!
    Sarah B
    Milwaukee,WI
    '09 R1200GS 'Starbuck' my big silver baby
    '13 K1600GTL Graphite Grey... yet unnamed!

Well, I've committed to my first solo trip. I've registered for the Great Chicken Rally in Alabama at the end of May, and booked my tent for the event with Sherpa Ted. Now to plan my route!

Quote Originally Posted by tvgal2000 View Post
    I LOVED Alisa's talk at the National in Redmond! I've been trying to avoid the "I want/I wish/some day" kind of talk since the seminar! Thanks Alisa (and of course, Voni for being a great role (roll?) model)!

My resolution this year is to take the MSF dirt bike course, then ride the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (540 miles of non-paved roads from the Wisconsin-Illinois border to Lake Superior) with a fellow female club member. She and I are already signed up for the one day course and are planning on doing the Trans Wisconsin this summer! Neither of us has an off-road background but we're going to have a blast!
    Ambitious! You'll have an amazing adventure!

Voni
    sMiling

Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    Well, I've committed to my first solo trip. I've registered for the Great Chicken Rally in Alabama at the end of May, and booked my tent for the event with Sherpa Ted. Now to plan my route!
    The most amazing journeys begin with the FIRST step.

Go!

Voni
    sMiling

Quote Originally Posted by motomuffin View Post
    I wasn't there but from the sounds of it you're referring to Tiffany Coates:
    http://www.tiffanystravels.co.uk/node/766 (it's really worth taking some time to read a bunch of her travel blog!)

She is my hero.
    Great read! You're right!

Voni
    sMiling

Route planning can be some of the best time of a journey. I love pouring over maps to find the twistiest way from here to there. One tip: I've found that riding squigly roads for distances, though tiring in itself, keeps me more energized and with less body kinks than taking the straight route and sitting in one position on the freeway.
    Karen Thomson #30509
    AVID MotoTours http://avidmototours.com/avidmototourshome.aspx
    MOTORCYCLE TOURING Love It, Live It...DO IT!
    (working on the third 100K BMW miles) I LOVE my GS

Quote Originally Posted by mototraveler View Post
    Route planning can be some of the best time of a journey. I love pouring over maps to find the twistiest way from here to there. One tip: I've found that riding squigly roads for distances, though tiring in itself, keeps me more energized and with less body kinks than taking the straight route and sitting in one position on the freeway.
    Thanks for the insight. I think I may mix it up a bit - some freeway, some smaller roads. I've picked up some maps, and have my gps...I have lots of time to play with the route.

Thanks for the insight. I think I may mix it up a bit - some freeway, some smaller roads. I've picked up some maps, and have my gps...I have lots of time to play with the route.
    Way to go, Cheryl. I attended the Chicken Rally last year. There are some fantastic roads in the area.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

2011 Goal: Dirt!

Newbie here - My goal for 2011 is to learn how to ride in dirt. I'm a pretty proficient street rider but want to learn how to be a good dirt rider and my goal is to do the TAT one day. I'll be 55 this year (holy crap!) so there's no time like the present! So, ladies, dish up your advice please! I can't afford to take classes, so I need your best tips on what you've learned off road. This is a great forum, btw!

Deb
    CO