Thread: Bluetooth specifications/capabilities

Bluetooth specifications/capabilities

Does anyone know the Bluetooth specifications for the new bikes? 1.0? 2.0? I am hoping that I can use my IMC Motorcom setup because I use the S-plug earbuds which very effectively eliminate wind noise and have great sound. I do not like the helmet speakers or headsets. In an ideal world via Bluetooth I would be able to listen to the satellite radio or my iPhone which is plugged in and being charged, get instructions from the GPS, and answer my iphone if I want to with the incoming number displayed on the dash by using the controller on the left handle bar. All without having to take my hands from the handle bars. Those that ride 2 up I'm sure would like to be able to also communicate with their passenger or talk to another rider close by.

Welcome to the forum!!

I think the bike will come or have a Nav IV which is the BMW version of a Zumo 660 so it will be A2DP stereo blue tooth
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

I was told Bluetooth spec is version 1.0

I was told by my dealer that the Bluetooth specification for the K1600 systems is 1.0. Most products sold today are version 2.0. He said that it won't be a problem unless you want 2 people to have access to the audio output. Not sure why or if this will prove to be a big deal or not. I guess I had hoped that the system would reflect current technology standards and therefore be compatible with more current products.

Washington Crossing, Pa. Along the Delaware River
    If the K1600GTL bluetooth system will work with my Cardo team set I will be in good shape. Placed an order on Jan 31 for a Blue GTL. Waiting for BMW to confirm.

I was told by the SENA guy that the BMW radio bluetooth is NOT compatible with the SMH10.

I use the Zumo 660 as my MP3/GPS and pair my phone to it, then the ZUMO to my SENA... No probs.

In fact I think the newest bluetooth is 2.1 that most use, their is a bluetooth 3.0 also)
    Phil W2GE
    2010 R1200RT 2011 Husqvarna TE310 'Woods-Weapon'
    New Sweden BMW Riders
    iPhone5-> Zumo 660->SENA SMH10, Nuvi 500,

Quote Originally Posted by Furman View Post
    If the K1600GTL bluetooth system will work with my Cardo team set I will be in good shape. Placed an order on Jan 31 for a Blue GTL. Waiting for BMW to confirm.
    From what I've read, while the Cardo G4 headset will "work" with the BMW Bluetooth implementation, it will not have all of the functionality of the BMW-branded version of the Cardo headset I'm reluctantly planning on buying a BMW-branded headset for my Concept 3, and transferring the removed G4 unit to my son's new helmet.
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

BMW does like to play the "proprietary" card, don't they? If I put my Zumo 660 in the BMW cradle it won't work with the side buttons as the BMW version of the 660 has proprietary software to allow that.

They are businessmen...
    Phil W2GE
    2010 R1200RT 2011 Husqvarna TE310 'Woods-Weapon'
    New Sweden BMW Riders
    iPhone5-> Zumo 660->SENA SMH10, Nuvi 500,

Skywarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DRw2ge View Post
    I was told by the SENA guy that the BMW radio bluetooth is NOT compatible with the SMH10.

I use the Zumo 660 as my MP3/GPS and pair my phone to it, then the ZUMO to my SENA... No probs.

In fact I think the newest bluetooth is 2.1 that most use, their is a bluetooth 3.0 also)
    I paired my SENA SMH10 (firmware upgradeable version) to the dealer's K1600GTL yesterday and took it out for a test ride. I had to control the volume on the SENA instead of the controller wheel. I was able to listen to the radio without any problem. I don't know about the intercom or any other functionality besides the radio.