Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rep Gifford Shot - BMW rider

GIZMO
    A real tragedy... there are no words. Heal well Gabby.

Thanks!

My first time on The Distaff thread, and I find this. Damn! Thanks for letting us know about this aspect Rep. Gifford's resume. For everybody viewing this site, losing the freedom attendant to riding just plain sucks, so this story is now even sadder than before (if that's possible).

We all wish her a speedy recovery (looking pretty good at this point). If her balance is impaired, maybe driving a sidecar rig is in her future???? Southern AZ 3-wheelers unite! Excellent rehab for this feisty woman.

My experience with giving (3-wheel) rides to those who are not able to ride on two wheels (age, or other impairments) has been very rewarding, and - depending on how wide the bar-code for the risk gene of the passenger is. . .it can be a VERY thrilling experience, indeed.

We soldier on.

Regards,

Walking Eagle

'94 R1100RS - MoonBeamer
    '80 Naked GL1100 Wing w/ Watsonian Monaco - Old Son

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrharve@tularosa.net View Post
    My first time on The Distaff thread, and I find this. Damn! Thanks for letting us know about this aspect Rep. Gifford's resume. For everybody viewing this site, losing the freedom attendant to riding just plain sucks, so this story is now even sadder than before (if that's possible).

We all wish her a speedy recovery (looking pretty good at this point). If her balance is impaired, maybe driving a sidecar rig is in her future???? Southern AZ 3-wheelers unite! Excellent rehab for this feisty woman.

My experience with giving (3-wheel) rides to those who are not able to ride on two wheels (age, or other impairments) has been very rewarding, and - depending on how wide the bar-code for the risk gene of the passenger is. . .it can be a VERY thrilling experience, indeed.

We soldier on.

Regards,

Walking Eagle

'94 R1100RS - MoonBeamer
    '80 Naked GL1100 Wing w/ Watsonian Monaco - Old Son
    Balance problems can be overcome, I know because I suffered a total loss of my right nerve feeding both sound and balance from my right ear. It took me a week to be able to stand, three to handle stairs, several months to walk in a semi straight fashion (without looking like I was drunk) or not ÔÇ£over turningÔÇØ corners in halls and walking into walls.
    Then practice on a pedal bike and finally a motorcycle after about 6 months. Not as fast I once was on two wheels and it takes more effort and lots of balance exercises but I CAN ride again.
    If that is all she winds up having to deal with, she will be even more than lucky!

Again wishing her all the best!

RM