Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a Corazzo 5.0 Leather Today

Kirbster919

Ordered a Corazzo 5.0 Leather Today

I placed an order for a Corazzo 5.0 Leather jacket today. Pricey, but I'm a sucker for leather. I wanted one when it first came out, then tried one on at the rally. Needless to say, I just had to have it.

I'm very excited for it, as it fit me perfectly. I'm even more excited that it'll look good on and off the motorcycle. (Anybody else hate it when they look rediculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?)

I searched here for a review and didn't find one. I'll post an initial review in a few days when it arrives. Then I'll post another one in a few weeks, to see how it breaks in and holds up.

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbster919 View Post
    (Anybody else hate it when they look ridiculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?)
    Hmmm...just as I suspected; a mocha latte double frappucinno sipping Eye-tally-ano pretty boy!

Just give me a grease stained Sturgis rally T-shirt.

Actually, that's a pretty sharp jacket (I Googled it) and I might just be jealous.
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90

Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

XTrooper
    That's a nice-looking leather jacket at an amazingly reasonable price.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbster919 View Post
    I'm even more excited that it'll look good on and off the motorcycle. (Anybody else hate it when they look rediculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?)
    Not me. I wear a Roadcrafter two-piece. My old one was toad green. One guy asked me, "Are you some kind of paratrooper"? I looked at him and replied, "Task force delta on an operation but don't tell any body". (Guess who has seen too many movies)

Then there was the guy who stopped at a hotel to visit a friend wearing his High-Viz Darien. The desk clerk called the room and said, "There is a fireman here to see you". Note: Higdon was involved - I forget who was who, though I'm pretty sure Bob wasn't the desk clerk.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 10-06-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Pockets. It needs about 6 more pockets!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

...they look ridiculous...Kirbster
    Not me...PGlaves
    My sentiment when I see a Volvo 242: kinda plain, but it works so well, it becomes a thing of beauty.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Kirbster919
    I had a Volvo 242. It worked perfectly for me, then I sold it to a teacher of mine. Naturally, it had a terrible electrical failure a week after she got it and wasn't worth fixing. She wouldn't let me buy it back from her, no matter how terrible I felt. She then donated it to the Automotive Shop class to take it apart and get an education out of it. Worst part about it was that I was in that class.

The jacket is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I'm riding about 2 hours to Milwaukee for a concert, so I'll have a good feel for the jacket by Saturday.

Anybody else hate it when they look rediculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?
    as much as i hate to admit it, it's gonna take more then a nice jacket in order for me not to look ridiculous when pulling up for coffee.

Kirbster919
    Got the jacket. Fantastic. At the same time, I'm a little bogged down, so more to come tomorrow.

Kirbster919
    ... And by "tomorrow" I meant a month or two later. I should have taken some pictures, but here is my stance on the jacket.

The good: Wonderfully functional, well thought out. Broad armor, I'd expect this jacket to protect me as well as any during a tumble.

The bad: After 5 full days wearing the jacket, a seam started to come undone. The seam that failed held the short collar onto the jacket, near where the collar snaps to itself. This isn't a "structural" seam, and its not double-stitched like the rest of the seams, but still not acceptable, especially once a jacket gets above the $300 range.

More good: I was near Portland, stopped at Corazzo's shop. Without hesitation they offered to give me a new jacket. The person I spoke with said that he had never seen a seam fail, figuring it was just a fluke. They mailed me a new one because my size was in the other warehouse and I didn't want to stick around.

More bad: The new jacket, which I just took out of the box today, looks to be equally wimpy at the same seam. While the rest of the jacket is wonderful, this part is just awkwardly constructed and is clearly an afterthought. I'm nearly positive its going to fail again. I'm done riding until spring, so rather than continue to be stoked about the jacket, I'm pretty pessimistic until then.

Overall: I should be happy with this jacket, but for the money I just have a bad taste in my mouth. I really want to return it.

In the future: If they let me return it, I'm saving a few more bucks and buying a Vanson.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    as much as i hate to admit it, it's gonna take more then a nice jacket in order for me not to look ridiculous when pulling up for coffee.
    +1

Prehaps we should go for the fireman look...

Easy

Watch e-bay, and craigslist for good prices on Vanson, Hein Gericke, or BMW leather jackets. Also suggest the market place at IBMWR, and of course the Flea Market here.

Kirbster919
    Yup, I would prefer to purchase a used one. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Pockets. It needs about 6 more pockets!
    I used to have the Heine Gericke Paris Dakar jacket. Drove me nuts having 7 or 8 pockets and not remembering which one I put what in.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up