Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HJC Sy-Max II

HJC Sy-Max II

Anyone wearing one of these ? I have a Nolan 100e and its starting to show some wear.
    According to Webbikeworld its one of their fav.helmets.
    Whats your oppinion?
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!

02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike
    Craig

Motorcycleton
    I have a buddy that has one (his second HJC after the first Sy-Max-I wore out). He likes it and says that is doesn't leak in the rain and is comfortable. He has not road crash tested the helmet. The flip down sun visor is kinda neat. My Nolan has the external sun visor which works ok but is getting a few years old. I saw that the HJC Sy-Max II helmets were on sale (closeout prices) so I purchased two last night (one for me and one for the Mrs.)

Metallic colors from here -
    http://www.newenough.com/street/clos...le_helmet.html

Solid colors from here -
    http://www.newenough.com/street/clos...le_helmet.html

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    Anyone wearing one of these ? I have a Nolan 100e and its starting to show some wear.
    According to Webbikeworld its one of their fav.helmets.
    Whats your oppinion?
    Have had this lid now for two years - nice unit. Comfortable on the head (no unusual pressure points) and moderately quiet (for a modular).

Sun shield stops in any of three pre-sets, so nice addition if very bright out or riding directly towards the sun.

Also had no problem fitting a com unit within it.

Like robsmoto's post, check out the clearance prices at: www.newenough.com

Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

I have one, like it a lot and it fits my round shaped head just fine; More noisey than I like!
    Love the sun visor
    Martin
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Rally Rat
    I have one but never use it due to noise, must be my head shape, I tried differant cheek pads but no better. I got a HJC iS-16 with the flip down sun shade that is some what better but still noisier than my old HJC CL-14. I first tried an Arai to replace the CL, but didn't like that either...........like I said, must be my head shape.

Got the flyer-Email from New Enough a couple days ago.Lucky for me I take a small so I have a few days before I decide.
    Just sittin here on the fence trying to decide.
    I have a CL-SP fule face that fits me great and I am hoping the shape of the SyMax will fit the same.Hard to pull the trigger on the internet when U cant touchee feelee.

Craig

Rally Rat

I would love to have a modular helmet

I have never liked modular helmets because of the noise and the drop down sunshield helmets because of the weight (when combined in the same helmet they are both noisy and heavy).

And yes I do wear earplugs.

The only one that seems to have solved both issues is the Shurberth C3. Fortunately I just canÔÇÖt justify/afford the $600.00ish price tag. Rats!

For now, I will just need to plug along with my Scorpion EXO700.

Quote Originally Posted by martinPH View Post
    I have one, like it a lot and it fits my round shaped head just fine; More noisey than I like!
    Love the sun visor
    Martin

I have one too, and I concur. It's great to wear, but it is a bit noisy.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Which way to the snacks? sumwon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martinPH View Post
    Love the sun visor
    Martin
    +1 and it is also heavier than my HJC CL15. I bought it thinking I would use the flip up face feature more than I do. I will buy a standard full face again when my CL15 gives it up instead.

sparkyharley

Nice helmet

I bought one this past spring. It is very comfortable for me and I use it almost exclusively now. My other is a Scorpion 400 that fits very well. Since I wear glasses I just wanted something easier to put on and take off.

Only after using for months did I realise that there is not a "sneeze guard" on this helmet. During cooler weather I like these gizmos, so started trying to find one.

HJC evidently does not make such for this helmet. It has not been a problem for me since I live in South Florida, but this was surprising. I actually take these guards out of my other helmets in the warm weather to help keep cool.

Love the drop down sun shade.

Steve

i've had one for ~2 yrs, like it a lot. would buy it again
    '08 R1200RT
    '86 Yamaha XT350 (still thumpin')
    '85 K100 (gone)
    '70.5 R75/5 (first 100k, long gone)

Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    {snip}...Just sittin here on the fence trying to decide.
    I have a CL-SP fule face that fits me great and I am hoping the shape of the SyMax will fit the same.Hard to pull the trigger on the internet when U cant touchee feelee.
    froggy -

I rode with the CL-SP for two years an loved it. When it was time for a new helmet, I did a lot of searching and came down to the Scorpion EXO-900, HJC SY-MAX II, and the HJC IS-16. I went with the IS-16 which had the comfort I was used to in the CL-SP, but I still wanted a hi-viz flip-up. I wound up purchasing the EXO-900 Neon but found the weight was a bit too much (about 1 lb heavier than the SY-MAX II). Should have gone with the SY-MAX II even though hi-viz wasn't available...it was indeed quite comfortable.

Anyone want to trade an (XL-XXL) Scorpion EXO-900 hi-viz for a white (XL-XXL) SY-MAX II?
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

My favorite helmet to date. Just wish I had waited on New Enough's pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyharley View Post
    Only after using for months did I realise that there is not a "sneeze guard" on this helmet. During cooler weather I like these gizmos, so started trying to find one.

HJC evidently does not make such for this helmet. It has not been a problem for me since I live in South Florida, but this was surprising. I actually take these guards out of my other helmets in the warm weather to help keep cool.
    Do you mean a chin curtain? HJC makes a chin curtain for the Sy-Max II and you can buy them from the Motorcycle Superstore.
    We bought a couple for our Sy-Max IIs and they work good.
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...II-Helmet.aspx
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyharley View Post
    I bought one this past spring. It is very comfortable for me and I use it almost exclusively now. My other is a Scorpion 400 that fits very well. Since I wear glasses I just wanted something easier to put on and take off.

Love the drop down sun shade.

Steve
    Check out motorcyle superstore .com for your sneeze grd.under helmet accessories.

$4.99

Craig