Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the GS Giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    remind me to tell you the time i "went to see a man about a horse" in the woods and used poison ivy to, um, clean up.......
    Mind if I pass on this story??

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Who is this? i need a full name to go with your screen name. Otherwise, I cannot award points.
    Clayton Anderson was ridding the 1150GSA up in the Adironideck's. New to the MOA site

Quote Originally Posted by 1dzmotard View Post
    Clayton Anderson was ridding the 1150GSA up in the Adironideck's. New to the MOA site
    Welcome to the forum and the GS Giant.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    No dorks allowed on the track.

Well, that counts me out!
    Me too. I must de dork myself before the event.
    I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return. Please ask me to wait.
    Any tool if used improperly can be used as a hammer.

Good morning, Giants!

Scorebooks are REALLY being emailed out today!

Oh....and Giants are known for their patience!

Pre GS Giant photos

BMW G450 X rail road run
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pre GS Giant

Fun Ride

The Intermediate GS Loop from Bloomsburg was recently scouted for issues. The road surface is mixed and there are a few sudden deep pot holes that can catch you off guard so do not be too confident with speed because this route will teach you. I bottomed my forks three times hard enough to wonder if I had damage ...lucky I did not because part of this ride has no cell coverage due to deep woods between two mountains.

There are too steep areas that make this an intermediate venture complete with a narrow single lane meandering up or down the mountain. In one spot passed a Road Closed sign partly washed down the mountain and being placed there due to erosion issues. The public highway entrance from the other direction does not reflect this hazard.

Part of this route is on an old railroad bed that once hauled lumber and ice from the mountain spring lakes then it stopped at the Tannery for a load of hides before being liked with the Jersey Central lines to the east. This trail has problem areas with ruts, run off issues, and there are places of hand sized loose rocks that play with your tires and suspension. The road side grow is tight to the edge of the narrow path so be mindful of oncoming traffic, ATVs, horseback riders, and speeding Jeeps caring not that you share the road. Of course there will be walkers and fisherman along the Bowmans Creek thanks to a popular swimming hole.

Once upon a time a friend of mine hit a bear in the a.... because it was eating berries on a blind corner. Besides the negativity one could do this way by being careful on street tires ..... Michelin Pilots to be exact. I can't remember if they were 2s or 4s because there is too much dust on the side walls.

The important factor, its a long GS loop, and in places you have the whole area to yourself. Deep in Penns Sylvania...... and not a sound of a Banjo but you can pick up your sheet music in the GS Giant Area.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Mind if I pass on this story??
    pass on to who????

gps file for Gypsy Tour Routes

Having difficulty saving the file. Getting "invalid" when using Internet Explorer as browser. Tried w/ AOL, msg is something about it being cancelled and to hit refresh....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(btw I was saving the gdb file for Garmin and Broadband is working fine.)

hermy's big dog adventure

When is the Hermy's Big Dog Adventure or is that part of the altrider giant loop? I was looking forward to riding the black dakar, tight single track and goin through those tunnels! I thought that ws the altrider giant loop. I could be wrong though?
    I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return. Please ask me to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman126 View Post
    When is the Hermy's Big Dog Adventure or is that part of the altrider giant loop? I was looking forward to riding the black dakar, tight single track and goin through those tunnels! I thought that ws the altrider giant loop. I could be wrong though?
    Altrider's loop is Wednesday morning and BMW PCs trip to Hermys is Friday morning. So with the Gypsie Tour, Altrider and BMWs GS ride you will see alot of dirt plus there is more locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Altrider's loop is Wednesday morning and BMW PCs trip to Hermys is Friday morning. So with the Gypsie Tour, Altrider and BMWs GS ride you will see alot of dirt plus there is more locally.
    Thanks for the info Statdawg. Will the BMW PCs trip be back in time for the GS Giant competition on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by lineman126 View Post
    Thanks for the info Statdawg. Will the BMW PCs trip be back in time for the GS Giant competition on Friday?
    The Judges are on the GS Ride.

So keep them in your mirrors for a little Icabod Crane action on the return.

Registration for the GS Giant Events is now CLOSED.

But you can still get in on the action at the rally by signing up at the GS Giant area, located inside the racetrack. Or... if you're a last minute Gypsy Tourist, show up at The Forest Lodge on Sunday, July 17 and get signed up there.

It looks like the Friday morning BMW PC ride is filled up, though, and they'll be pretty busy on Thursday, too... doing "Taste of training" sessions on the GS Giant Track.

There is a GREAT deal on MSF training ahead of the Rally... and you can even rent a dirt bike, both for training or for riding on the track.

Much other stuff, like ride-in movies, special seminars that aren't on the schedule (because the Giant isn't all that organized.... ) and free stuff.

Hope you can make it. and a GIANT Thank-You! to people who registered early.

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.