Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the GS Giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Bokrijder View Post
    No, how about a large GS " has been - over the hill option"

Have to start considering the smaller GS in the future. The R50/2 will always keep me in the fold.

Bokrijder
    i've been kinda hankering for a /2 dual sport bike....

that would be an interesting entry.

Isn't this the grand prize for the GS Giant ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

BOKRIJDER
    AH YES !!!!

An off road bike from the days when men were strong - women were stronger - the dog was ugly and the sheep were beautiful.

Bokrijder

there will be mud

... at the south end of the GS Giant track there's a big puddle...

Bring it on.....Dirty is Purdy!

There are places to wash our bikes if the fly fisherman do not mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Ya'll looking cool:)

All the pics are neat coming in here. I'm saddened to be left out this year in Pennsylvania, as it looks I cannot attend. The "Polarbear" has family elders and some youth too, that require my time moreso this year. This could change, but I have pressures leading me away from a rally so far. I'm hoping otherwise. I still ride everyday and on tour too, but not likely as far as the East again this year for me. I'll keep reading here and drool a lot about riding East. Your Leader(s) in IAN , is a fine GS man and a promising adventure awaits all attending PA., I'm certain of that. Happy Trails ALL, Randy"Polarbear".PS; I have a high point this year, as my Daughter, Jessica, an 'MOA Member(F650rider), gets her "GOLD WINGS" F18 Jets, in the USNavy later this year and I have to be there, so my rally has to come 2nd.... Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    PS; I have a high point this year, as my Daughter, Jessica, an 'MOA Member(F650rider), gets her "GOLD WINGS" F18 Jets, in the USNavy later this year and I have to be there, so my rally has to come 2nd.... Randy
    really sorry to hear you can't make it Randy... you should send Jessica and hubby in your stead.

We are looking for opportunities to have some riding opportunities focused on women.

below: Polarbear looks out after baby bear... the F18 pilot.

disconnected
    Howdy All....

Hiya Ian.... Looks Good...

greg

THX Ian:)

I remember the pic well in Tennessee at the National Rally. Jessica just visited me at my home in CA. and still has the F650 Classic ST, but is wanting a GS1200 or F800GS real bad and I let her ride my GSA1200, a mistake. She loves the twin smoothness and rode it well! Her Gold Wings come later this year, as we pray a lot for her safe flying those rockets with wings! Carrier landings will be here last frontier come late Summer. I think she qualifies to ride any BMW she wishes. The Georgia Mountain Rally comes soon and Jessica is stationed at Meridian NAS,MS., therefore a ride for me may be in the works to Georgia for this rally I never attended. I hear you and others always are there. Look for ME. Randy"Polarbear". Jess/Tim went last year and said it to be a fine rally. Later.

It is....

but bring your rain gear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I remember the pic well in Tennessee at the National Rally. Jessica just visited me at my home in CA. and still has the F650 Classic ST, but is wanting a GS1200 or F800GS real bad and I let her ride my GSA1200, a mistake. She loves the twin smoothness and rode it well! Her Gold Wings come later this year, as we pray a lot for her safe flying those rockets with wings! Carrier landings will be here last frontier come late Summer. I think she qualifies to ride any BMW she wishes. The Georgia Mountain Rally comes soon and Jessica is stationed at Meridian NAS,MS., therefore a ride for me may be in the works to Georgia for this rally I never attended. I hear you and others always are there. Look for ME. Randy"Polarbear". Jess/Tim went last year and said it to be a fine rally. Later.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

Rain Gear?

All my riding gear(s) has been watertight, or nearso for ages now. My last rubber suit was 25+years ago. Rain in Georgia, couldn't be, LOL. I do carry an umbrella for those standing around in puddles moments at camp. I ride in so much dry desert conditions, a rain would be a decent change for me and I don't mind it once in a while. Kind a like a kid seeing his first snow. Randy

GS Fun

This is great and because of your efforts I am now trying to make it to the Rally. The earlier you can get up some of the routes to the Rally the better for us wanna bees I missed the Rally last year as it was a little far for me (time wise). I did make the year before in Tenn and the GS stuff was fantastic. In Tenn, I think I scored the most points , (of course, you were supposed to have the least amount of points) So I am all in for collecting points .
    I would like to encourage any fence sitters to join in on the fun. The training portions were well worth the entire trip. I think you will have a bunch of participation on the GS rides if lead, out of the Rally. It is also a great idea to give routes to those coming so they even have more fun on the way in. Anything to help people get together and participate in GS rides would be wonderful. One thing about big GS rides offroad is that having several folks around to pick up bikes is very handy
    My hats off to your efforts to expand the GS fun.

"Ditto"

Totally agree, my GS friend in Florida! Spread the word every time you see another GS. IAN, to your immediate North in Geargia has much to say, so keep track. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"

got sponsors?

Time to warm this puppy up. We got sponsors, we're going to ride all over the Alleghenies, and we got us one heckuva track in development... and a killer grand prize!

*much more* info to come...stay tuned!

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.