Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Share your best Photos from 2010

I was fortunate to take a ride up the St. John's River on a fellow BMW rider's boat.

I think this Pelican is cool

I also like this shot of a Great Blue Heron, also from the boat:

Thanks for taking us out on your boat Richard!

Of course, there is So. Utah. Bryce Canyon after snow:

And UT-95

Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
    ...And UT-95...

That is this Summer's Road Trip Plan!

WooHoo!
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Viva Espana!

GS, curvy roads, blue skies, mountaintop castles...what more could you ask for?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I volunteer as an assistant crew leader for the Washington Trails Association. Last year we spent a month of weekends or more logging out blowdown on the Horseshoe Ridge Trail in the Gifford Pinchot. My crew for one of the weekends.

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Actually that would be at the corner of Rt 77 and Rt 5. It is about 15 minutes from me. Great picture and story though.

Quote Originally Posted by dhgeyer View Post
    [B]
    Tom. Taken by the side of Rt. 20, in Pembroke NY. I stopped and conversed with this homeless man for over an hour. He was pushing a wheelbarrow full of all he owned from Buffalo to Rome, NY. He was highly intelligent, obviously well educated, and totally delusional, I believe in a severely manic phase of bipolar disorder, but possibly schizophrenic. He was completely gentle, a bit condescending, but very patient as he explained to me the realities of his world, which intersected with the world as most of us understand it only in the most rudimentary ways. His was a far more sublime universe than mine, yet I wonder how he survives. His image haunts me, as does his intricate and beautiful spirit.
    Tom

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Gran Sasso Italy

Tuscany

dhgeyer
    Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    Actually that would be at the corner of Rt 77 and Rt 5. It is about 15 minutes from me. Great picture and story though.
    Thank you for that information. You are correct. My bad. I was half guessing. I was on my way into Williamsville after a day riding, and should have realized that Rt. 5 had long since split and gone south. All I really remembered was that it was not long before I got to where I was going. I was mostly guessing as to the town, based on the timestamp and another photo I had taken a few minutes earlier that had local identifying info in it.

I just confirmed what you say with Google Streetview. The newer cameras have the ability to geotag photos, and that would solve the issue completely. I don't have one of those yet. I do sometimes wonder, even years later, exactly where I was when I took some photo on a road trip. I can usually find the spot with Google maps and Streetview. It's kind of a fun game, but can be time consuming.

I get out your way quite a bit, as both my wife and I have strong roots in the area. She grew up in Williamsville and most of her immediate and extended family are still there. I grew up in East Aurora and have a lot of friends in the vicintity. Next time I'm heading through on the bike, I'll give you a shout.

My favorite trip last year wasn't on the bike at all. It was a quick trip to Texas Hill Country to photograph the wildflowers in April. For a change, we chose the right year and the right month and the Hill Country was spectacular. Here's one of my favorites:
    Dan

What do you see?

The story of this picture is told by the two pictures that follow it.
    It is significant because the reflection in the cross is not the reflection of anything in the physical area nor does it appear in the photo of me taken seconds before of the same cross, just a different angle. I took this one month before the death of my wife from Lung Cancer (never smoked). The last picture was taken 8 months before the first.
    No photoshop, not preachinÔÇÖ but I can testify.

Just sky

This is me seconds before previous pic was taken, nothing but sky in my cross, clean surface.

How I see her

Eight months before first picture, picture of health.

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 41077 View Post
    ...not preachinÔÇÖ but I can testify.
    You will find strength in that...

Yes.
    I can relate. Unfortunately sans photograph.

Peace.

Utah during the Cedar City Weekend Getaway
    Ross
    K1200LT (99), DL650A (08), XJ650RJ (82)