Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Welcome Terry. I too switched from a Thermarest to a Big Agnes and will never go back. It made a world of difference. I use a Eureka tent, which works well. Make sure you get a 2 person one. Even then, check it out carefully.

This one sold as a two-person tent and barely fits my mattress.

This is the Eureka, a better 2 person size. I can get most of my gear in as well as the mattress.

You can always check out the MEC in Ottawa for even nicer tents. I ride solo, so fitting it across the passenger seat is no problem.

Holly
Nice tent,I have the same one.This is my 1st tent since I just started "Moto Camping".I was unshure if I would like it so I went chea...um cost sensitive,but I did look 4 a while.Other members in this thread have great suggestions.One being about the fly going to the ground.Another item about flies is if the weather is cold enough they will trap moisture from inside of your tent (body heat) if the tent is primarily mesh.Mesh is great in the summer but with a single layer protecting you in the winter (the fly) it tends to drip moisture back on U .
This tent has 2 zip down panels that gives me ventilation,but the roof is mainly solid except 4 vent flaps.Not a perfect pic but at $50 US its a good start.
PS It turns out after 4 Rallies I love this type of camping.I will soon start looking 4 a mesh tent and use a tarp as shade and rain protection.Happy trails.